Annual fast activation/fastpass question

snackyx

Mouseketeer
We purchased the 13 month (12+1) annual passes late last year and will not activate until this November. The confirmation was an alphanumeric code that we take to Customer Relations and have the pass activated. My question: can I make FastPass reservations without actually activating the annual pass? Can I actually add the annual pass to my "My Disney Experience" account with just the code I was given before it is actually activated? If not, does that mean no fastpass reservations until we actually get to the park in November (which most likely means no advance FastPass reservations).

Any advice/help much appreciated!

When I got my first AP I just entered the numbers in MDE and linked it and it showed up. After it is in there you can make your FPs I think 30 days out. I don't have a DVC one though so they might work differently. Won't matter if you enter it in MDE as far as when it expires, it isn't activated until you walk through the gates.

My question: can I make FastPass reservations without actually activating the annual pass? Can I actually add the annual pass to my "My Disney Experience" account with just the code I was given before it is actually activated?
Yes & Yes.

I bought Online via the DVC link and it linked it for me. It doesn't really show up in my MDE in the area where Affiliations and such are listed. So I kept trying to link the confirmation number to my account. Each time it tossed up an error. took a bit to realize it was already linked to my account.

I did get the annual pass to link into MDE account. I also linked my reservation at Old Key West...will this allow me to book FastPass+ selections at the 60 day mark? It looks like the calendar blocks out after 30 days from now, but my reservation is still more than 60+ days out.

I did get the annual pass to link into MDE account. I also linked my reservation at Old Key West...will this allow me to book FastPass+ selections at the 60 day mark?
Yes
It looks like the calendar blocks out after 30 days from now, but my reservation is still more than 60+ days out.
You are seeing the upcoming 30 days because you have admission linked to MDE. The 60 day booking window will open once you are 60 days out from your check in date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter