Annual Pass Activation

DVCforMe

Mouseketeer
We are estimating arrival at BCV about 9:00 pm Sunday night (allowing for airline delays etc). Does anyone know how long Guest Relations are open at the International Gateway so that I could get our passes activated and not waste precious morning time the next day? Also, can I activate my son's (he's 4) pass without him standing there - he'd have much more fun with Grandpa while I take care of the mundane ticket-thing. Thanks. :)

Charlotte

I believe the ticket booths close when EPCOT closes - which is 9 pm. Will you have a car? If so, you can get the vouchers exchanged at Downtown Disney. (I don't think I'd want to take the bus to DD and back right after arriving, but maybe you would be OK with it). The DD Guest Relations office should be open until the shops close - about 11 or 11:30 pm.

I don't know if your son would have to be with you or not. Since he is so young, I'd bet not. If it were me, I'd call the GR office at DD when you arrive and see what they say. That way, you'd get the answer directly from the CMs who will be processing your request!

Best wishes-

Thanks, Carol. No, we won't have a car, but maybe if I dash over there right away I can make it before the 9:00 pm closing. I just hate starting the day standing in line with anxious kids.

I've been able to exchange vouchers for APs for my family without them being there and everyone is way past 4! I don't think you'll have trouble with that.

Perhaps you could leave for your first park a little earlier than the rest of your family if you think standing in line will be too hard for them. But I've not found the lines at GS to be long at all first thing in the am. Maybe I've just been lucky. :confused3

BCV23 said:
I've been able to exchange vouchers for APs for my family without them being there and everyone is way past 4! I don't think you'll have trouble with that.
That was true before the DVC discount, but now with them needing to varify residence of each person getting the pass, I suspect at least all the adults must be present, and that would include children over 10.

Hi! We got our passes activated at Epcot before it opened at 9:00 am, coming from BCV (the end of August) and right there at the International Gateway entrance. It took about 5-10 minutes for the three of us. They did ask my 12 year old to sign his card there, but I would think a four year old would not have to be present, IMHO.

Good Luck and have a blast!!

dianeschlicht said:
That was true before the DVC discount, but now with them needing to varify residence of each person getting the pass, I suspect at least all the adults must be present, and that would include children over 10.

Actually, I picked up my son's AP with the DVC discount in January. It was a renewal so perhaps that might make a difference. Don't know if the OP's is a renewal or not. In addition, it was will call but if anything, I would think they would be stricter with that. Anyway, he was 24 at the time. ;)

Also, you don't sign APs so that wouldn't be an issue.

BCV23 said:
Actually, I picked up my son's AP with the DVC discount in January. It was a renewal so perhaps that might make a difference. Don't know if the OP's is a renewal or not. In addition, it was will call but if anything, I would think they would be stricter with that. Anyway, he was 24 at the time. ;)

Also, you don't sign APs so that wouldn't be an issue.
Actually, we did have to sign for our APs from the voucher. To get the DVC discount, they need to verify residence is the same as the owner. In January, the discount was new, so maybe a CM was uninformed.

dianeschlicht said:
Actually, we did have to sign for our APs from the voucher. To get the DVC discount, they need to verify residence is the same as the owner. In January, the discount was new, so maybe a CM was uninformed.

Was yours new or a renewal, Diane? That might be the difference. Since his was a renewal, they already had his residence in the system.

But what I meant about a signature was that there is no place to sign on the actual AP unlike some other tickets. I was responding to disgirl's experience. But what did you sign? I don't remember ever signing anything for any AP other than a credit card slip when we've renewed at a window. :sunny:

And it actually wasn't January but the end of Feb.. It was Jan. when we ordered the AP renewal. My bad. Anyway, he was arriving late at night so we picked it up for him. His was the only one up for renewal in Jan..

But Charlotte, I would call Guest Services and check for sure to avoid any surprises or on the other hand to avoid an unnecessary trip for your son.

BCV23 said:
Was yours new or a renewal, Diane? That might be the difference. Since his was a renewal, they already had his residence in the system.

But what I meant about a signature was that there is no place to sign on the actual AP unlike some other tickets. I was responding to disgirl's experience. But what did you sign? I don't remember ever signing anything for any AP other than a credit card slip when we've renewed at a window. :sunny:

And it actually wasn't January but the end of Feb.. It was Jan. when we ordered the AP renewal. My bad. Anyway, he was arriving late at night so we picked it up for him. His was the only one up for renewal in Jan..

But Charlotte, I would call Guest Services and check for sure to avoid any surprises or on the other hand to avoid an unnecessary trip for your son.
We don't ever do the renewals, so that's probably why it wasn't an issue.

Thanks everyone for the advice. This trip is just my Dad, me, DD9, and DS4. I want everything to be "just right" for Dad i.e. no more whining and melt-downs than absolutely necessary (from the kids and me!). Funny, after all these years I'm still trying to impress Dad.

Diane, is that picture of your home new? It's beautiful - your own Wilderness Lodge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter