Annual pass and soon to be 10 year old

Mom+4

<font color=teal>Saved from the loony bin by the T
We are hoping to make our first trip home to DVC at the end of the year, and would probably buy annual passes on either 12/31 or 1/1/08. Our youngest will turn 10 in mid-January 2008, but would be 9 when the pass is purchased. Can she use her child pass for all of 2008?

We are hoping to make our first trip home to DVC at the end of the year, and would probably buy annual passes on either 12/31 or 1/1/08. Our youngest will turn 10 in mid-January 2008, but would be 9 when the pass is purchased. Can she use her child pass for all of 2008?

Yes.

Liz

It depends. The appropriate pass is determined by the age of the child when the pass is first used for admission.

If she will still be 9 the first time the pass is used for admission, you can buy the child's pass and she can use it until it expires. If she will turn 10 before the pass is first used, then you should buy the adult pass for her.

Carol is correct. It depends on when the ticket is first used and not when the ticket is purchased.

A good friend of mine has this same issue two years ago.

He told me that they took the pass to one of the ticket offices and they changed it for an adult pass with no aditional charge.

I dont know if they still do this but hopefully for you they do

A good friend of mine has this same issue two years ago.

He told me that they took the pass to one of the ticket offices and they changed it for an adult pass with no aditional charge.

I dont know if they still do this but hopefully for you they do

They will only do this if the ticket has already been used at least once while the kiddo was 3-9 years old. If it has not been used and the kiddo is now 10 yrs old, you'll need to pay for the upgrade to the adult ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter