Annual pass holder and death

airplane

DIS Veteran
What happens to your annual pass if you die? Can a family member get a prorated refund with the death certificate?

Standard procedure is to contact Disney and they can make special accommodations for use of the remainder of the AP by another specified guest.

Really? I had no idea. My parents live in Florida and my amazing father just passed away. They just purchased it and he did use one day so far. I live in New Jersey so an annual pass wouldn’t help me much.

Really? I had no idea. My parents live in Florida and my amazing father just passed away. They just purchased it and he did use one day so far. I live in New Jersey so an annual pass wouldn’t help me much.
Call Disney and explain the details.
They can be very helpful.
(If nothing else, your mother likely has a friend who might have a use for an AP.)

I am so sorry for your loss. Wishing you and your family peace and and strength in the days ahead.

What happens to your annual pass if you die? Can a family member get a prorated refund with the death certificate?

In a somewhat similar situation in which the AP was used during one visit, I emailed Disney and was given an extension on my annual pass after I discussed my plans for future visits. The person I talked to mentioned (unsolicited from me) that a refund was not allowed since the AP had already been used. I didn't think to ask about the possibility of shifting my wife's AP to someone else.

I also contacted Southwest Airlines and received a refund on two canceled tickets made under the same reservation. So, it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Seems kind of bizarre that this thread was moved to a forum that is described as the place to post pictures, games, and other fun threads

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!