Annual pass hotel rate

shoppie

Time to plan the next trip!!!
I am looking at a couple mini Disney trips in 2020. I was thinking about buying annual passes for me and my daughter. Is the hotel discount better than the special rates that are offered to the public?

I am looking at a couple mini Disney trips in 2020. I was thinking about buying annual passes for me and my daughter. Is the hotel discount better than the special rates that are offered to the public?
Yes, usually, but like all rates, they are based on availability

you can go to the Mousesavers site and see historical information

I don't currently have an AP but had one for about 5 years and I think I used the AP discount two times in the course of that time. That was taking 3 trips a year. Most of the time I found either the general discount rate just as good or was able to go on Orbitz or another third party booking site and get the general discount as well as their discount for a better rate. I got my AP just for the ticket price and any discounts I received were a bonus. We always get park hoppers so I just compared ticket prices for however many days I planned on being there that year and if the AP was less, I got it.

We are new to having APs, and we have planned a trip over Thanksgiving. Because of the AP pass holder resort discount, we saved $600 on our stay at French Quarter :) We were going either way, so that is a $600 bonus in my eyes!

The AP discounts are usually 5-10% better than what is offered as the regular general public discount. For example, the general public may have an offer for 25% off. The AP discount would likely be 30%-35% off.

Like the general public discount, not all rooms and resorts may be included, or may be discounted at the highest discount.

I have a room booked with an AP rate and my daughters are joining me. They do not have APs. Can they check in before me? I can stop at the desk when I get in show my AP. Will this be an issue or should they wait until I get there?

Yes they can check-in before you arrive. In almost all cases you don't even need to see your AP but if you are asked to show one just stop by the front desk when you get a chance. Your daughters will not need to show an AP since the reservation is in your name (you are the lead guest).

Dave

I have a room booked with an AP rate and my daughters are joining me. They do not have APs. Can they check in before me? I can stop at the desk when I get in show my AP. Will this be an issue or should they wait until I get there?
Nowadays, everything is in MDE, so the CMs can see that you have an AP. As such, "showing" the AP when you arrive may not even be necessary. When I've checked in, they already knew I had an activated AP. I've taken a peek at what they can see and the first thing that shows up is "Platinum AP" and the expiration date.

All of that is to say that I don't think your daughters arriving before you will be a problem. If they request to see the AP card, you can show it when you arrive, but as I mentioned, it's likely it won't even be necessary because they can see it in your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!