Annual Pass issue that needs to be fixed

jerseyduke

Home is just where you stay when not at WDW
Wanted to share an experience I had yesterday.

My 60 day window for fast passes opens tomorrow for a stay 4/27-4/30 (#beachclub #dapperday).

My annual pass expires 4/29, so I had no park ticket for 4/30. In preparation for that, I called to renew my AP, but, I am out of the 60 day renewal window!
So, I should be able to book Fastpasses for 4/30 because my trip starts 4/27 - 60 days prior to 4/27, but can't, because my AP is expired, and i can not renew it until this Thursday.

I know its not the cast member's fault, and I nicely say, that really stinks, I am kind of getting penalized and losing my 60 day window to a degree.

So here I am, going to buy a multiday ticket to cover the 1 day, then upgrade that to a renewal while down there. That covers my one day, but is just an inconvenience because now I have to go to guest relations to deal with it.

The cast member talks to her supervisor to make sure I can do this, then comes back and tells me, she did not even know she could do this, but they renewed my AP outside of the window (4 days early).

So, should anyone come up with a similar situation, this can be done.

I think Dis needs to look at the AP renewal process a bit. 60 days prior to expiration and 60 days for fastpasses isn't good. Not to mention, what if you do that thing where you pay extra and get a 90 day fast pass window and your AP expires in the middle of that trip? (if they even have that 90 day thing anymore)

All in all, DIS did me right, but I tend to do a 4 day weekend that time of year, so I assume I will have to jump through the same hoops next year.

Anyway, just an informative post.

If you have time, please email guest relations about this.

Others have also reported being able to do this (renew earlier than 60 days) because of the FP+ problem.

I've read several times that people have been allowed to renew outside the 60 day window because they ran into he same issue. Ie - if you don't get that answer to start then call back and speak with someone else.

Yeah DVC APs can’t be upgraded over the phone either. So, don’t buy a Gold pass & decide to be spontaneous & go during a blackout period :sad2:

I am in the same situation as u. I am 4 days off for my full trip. VIP services for passholders have keycard placeholders on my account for mecto be able to book those days. They said they will only work if I renew. That they r just holders to let me book the fast passes till I renew. VIP services was actually going to let me renew that day and my season pass doesn’t expire till June. I didn’t though. I have the placeholders to book the fast passes. Once I have those booked I’ll call to renew. I have a thread on here about them cause I guess a lot of people never heard of them. I didn’t know about them either until I called with the same issue as u.

I called 8 months before my renewal date when they had the platinum plus for the price of gold promo and they sold me renewal vouchers over the phone that far in advance. It's always good to call and ask if something is "off" like that. Generally they'll accommodate, especially when it involves trying to buy something.

I've never understood why Disney refuses to take our money earlier than 60 days. Maybe to avoid us locking the price before an increase? But we'd be giving them the money earlier, this should compensate.

I was able to renew earlier than 60 days last summer, to make my September FP+ selections. I was well over a week before my 60 day window.

I am so glad you posted this. This is the first time our trip overlaps our AP renewal date and I did not even think about this FP booking issue. Will be calling them today as our FP window is in a few weeks, but our 60 AP renewal date is 4 days later.

I have run into this problem many times and have always been able to renew early with a phone call (including a few months ago). Yesterday after many hours (including them calling me back after taking "more time to investigate"), they stated something in their IT changes now prevent this from happening. Has anyone had success with an early renewal in the last few weeks or month? In other words, I want to know if this is true or if I am just speaking with someone that doesn't know how to make this happen. They told me they could renew it but it wouldn't work when I went to make fastpasses.

Yeah DVC APs can’t be upgraded over the phone either. So, don’t buy a Gold pass & decide to be spontaneous & go during a blackout period :sad2:

This. I originally bought the gold for a 10 day trip during summer not thinking we'd go during any holidays. However, I changed my mind and we decided to go during my birthday/spring break before it expired. I wasn't going to be allowed to upgrade until we got to the parks, but because of fastpasses, I was able to get someone to fix it where I could make my fastpasses for our trip. I can't remember what they did exactly, but I think they just gave me FP privileges for those days as we had DVC rooms already booked.

This. I originally bought the gold for a 10 day trip during summer not thinking we'd go during any holidays. However, I changed my mind and we decided to go during my birthday/spring break before it expired. I wasn't going to be allowed to upgrade until we got to the parks, but because of fastpasses, I was able to get someone to fix it where I could make my fastpasses for our trip. I can't remember what they did exactly, but I think they just gave me FP privileges for those days as we had DVC rooms already booked.
You’re lucky. We showed up Dec 31 with no FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!