Annual Pass Question

tawasdave

I may be getting older..but refuse to grow up
Do you still need the annual pass card to get free parking or a discount at a store or restaurant or do they now use the magic band everywhere to determine if you have annual pass?

Free parking: they can scan your magic band but they might ask for ID as well so be prepared for that. Or you can just show your AP card and ID, which is what I do.

For AP discount: you must present your AP card and ID and be the one paying for whatever it is. There's no scanning of a MB to get the AP Discount

For discount its been hit or miss with ID, depending on CM, but 99.99% of the time need the actual pass. And have accidentally handed my ID with DW or DD pass and they have said "do you have another pass with your name?"

Do you still need the annual pass card to get free parking or a discount at a store or restaurant or do they now use the magic band everywhere to determine if you have annual pass?

Yellow AP card AND your photo ID are required for discounts.

As for parking at the parks, I've encountered all of the following: they just scanned my MB, they just waved me thru when I told them I had an AP, they required both the AP card and my photo ID. So I guess it's up to the CM and what they feel like looking at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter