Annual Passes

mb168

DIS Veteran
Oher than to avoid an upcoming price increase, is there a need to pre-purchase an AP? We are going down Halloween weekend and have pretty much decided to go for APs but don't want to risk not getting the certificate here in time and then keeping up with it. Is there any reason that you wouldn't want to just get it at the park. I assume you can't get it at the resort? Thanks.

It's my understanding that you need active APs to check in your hotel (if you want the AP rates). But I have heard that it really depends on your CM, and that they may not even ask to see any AP at checkin.

See the "AP activated at purchase or at the parks" thread in the "Strategies" folder.

I am pretty much in the same situation as you are, and I have been told to purchase my AP at the airport before heading to my hotel. Unless I hear better information to convince me otherwise, I plan on doing that.

Hope that helps!

I am a DVC member so the rate doesn't matter. I am also driving down. I figured to either get it at the park or that you could buy it at the resort and get a certificate and then "activate" it at the park. I had originall intended on 7day PHPs and it's cheaper to pre-order them online and get them at Will-Call but there's no discount on APs so I didn't know if there were any need to pre-buy them?

There is a Disney Club discount on APs if you are a member. Unfortunatly, if not the club ends at the end of the year so they are not taking new members.

Originally posted by mb168
...I figured to either get it at the park or that you could buy it at the resort and get a certificate and then "activate" it at the park. I had originall intended on 7day PHPs and it's cheaper to pre-order them online and get them at Will-Call but there's no discount on APs so I didn't know if there were any need to pre-buy them?

AP's are not sold at the resorts. There are really only two reasons why anyone would purchase a voucher rather than waiting to get the AP at WDW.

First is to avoid any increase in price. This is always a possibility especially if you purchase the vouchers 10-12 months in advance (or more) of taking your trip.

Second is if you want to or have to spread out the cost of the AP's. You can purchase them as you can afford them rather than taking the big dollar hit all at once.

You will have to order and pay for it in advance and will still have to go to Guest Relations to activate the voucher and the onus will be on you to remember to bring it with you from home. When you just purchase the AP at WDW, you don't have to bring anything but a photo ID.

And as far as the possibility of getting the 7 day PHP and upgrading it (not saying you are - just mentioning in case someone else thinks of doing it), you will lose the advance purchase discount when you upgrade. There is only one price for the AP's and you will pay the entire difference between what you got the PHP for and what the AP costs. So buying the PHP and upgrading will save you nothing in the long run.

Is there a rate increase planned real soon? We are booked in starting November 6th and I was planning on stopping at Ocala to pick up our tickets. Thank you for any information.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

If you are worried about having your passes in time for your trip, many Disney Stores carry the vouchers. Thats how I got mine. Call the stores in your area and find out. Have Fun:D

Daryl, thanks for the kind words. I am just worried about having to pay more for my passes. Nearly $800 is enough. LOL

SG/Linda

Looks like I'll just wait. Our Disney Store closed a year or so, so that option is out. No, I didn't mean to upgrade PHPs. I was just under the break even point for APs so the PHP was the best deal plus having the "Plus" features. We are changing one of our ressies next month that will free up some DVC points so I will be able to take 2 more trips that were not originally figured when I was deciding which ticket to get next week. Thanks all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter