Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you recall if there was advance notice of the DVC preview (as in, to give folks a chance to book a room) or if you just had to luck into having a room booked for the right date(s)?
I could be wrong but I think they just announced both the previews at once with no advance notice. The DVC previews did not fill up immediately like Pandora and it was for May so there was still some availability at OKW. I was able to book a weekend then book the preview-it wound up not working with our schedule and I later had to cancel so we didn’t get to experience it :(

I have an AP that will expire on 8/22. I am back on property 8/24 and have an annual pass voucher linked to my name on MDE (I bought it before prices went up). I am on property now and went to guest services and they said that the annual pass has to be active if Galaxy's Edge does have passholder previews. Since mine won't be active, I won't be eligible to reserve. I could just renew before my current annual pass expires and hold on to the voucher but I really don't want to shell out more money without any certainty that there will be any previews at all.
For Pandora my annual pass had not been activated yet when I booked my preview. I didn’t activate it until the day before I went. I don’t think it would matter if it’s activate or not, it shows like a real ticket in MDE that you can make fast passes off.

For Pandora my annual pass had not been activated yet when I booked my preview. I didn’t activate it until the day before I went. I don’t think it would matter if it’s activate or not, it shows like a real ticket in MDE that you can make fast passes off.
Thanks for the clarification

My parents and I all had AP vouchers when we signed up for the Pandora preview in March 2017. I activated mine in early May 2017 and my parents activated theirs in late May when we went for the Pandora preview. I found out about the previews from the boards, I never got an email from Disney like some did. Of course this could change with Galaxy’s Edge, but we definitely only had vouchers.
I think the bold may be the key here.
While getting emails even with an active AP can be hit or miss anyway, I believe those with only a voucher don't get them at all. So you have to rely on getting your link to sign up from here. It will be easier to miss out on getting in since those who get them in their email can get in and sign up faster. If you have to rely on getting word from here that means you are getting "second hand" notice. If that makes sense.
Not that it means anything one way or another, just an observation.

following, too soon to renew and upgrade my AP. Will have to upgrade next time I go over....yikes.

If there are no WDW previews, I hope they at least do something like the Passholder Play Time event they did for Toy Story Land! I thought that experience was pretty equivalent to the Pandora preview I did as far as getting to check everything out with limited crowds.

Yes it clearly says they are still evaluating for Disney World.

They may not make the call until DL opens. They may look at previews as a way to disperse opening day crowds a little if DL is overrun with people. Or if DL goes well, they could decide it’s not necessary. Of course, that is assuming they don’t get hit with a hurricane or something else to delay construction and end up in a TSL situation where they barely make the opening, in which case they couldn’t have previews if they wanted to. Pandora was sitting there basically done well ahead of their announced opening date, so having previews made a lot of sense there.

Joining in. We have APs but they are not active. We will activate them for our June trip. Currently are booked Aug 30-Sept 2 at CSR but are just waiting for more info from Disney about procedures. We booked before the announcement but it will be our 5th trip this year so no pressure to get it scheduled out too much yet.

Joining in. We have APs but they are not active. We will activate them for our June trip. Currently are booked Aug 30-Sept 2 at CSR but are just waiting for more info from Disney about procedures. We booked before the announcement but it will be our 5th trip this year so no pressure to get it scheduled out too much yet.
Well, fancy meeting you here! ;)

Jim Hill said on the Touring Plan podcast that it would be more likely to be a post opening event.

I would like a post event in Nov but I doubt it would overlap my trip.

Hmm, question-we have booked a package for 8/31 and have already decided that we want to upgrade to APs-is that something that we will have to wait and do when we are there or is there a way to upgrade ahead of time?

Jim Hill said on the Touring Plan podcast that it would be more likely to be a post opening event.

Your post was prior to the EMH announcement. I am curious, now that all the extra EMH hours have been announced, does this seem more or less likely? It would, by default, have to be an after hours event now, not pre-opening like TSL was. Does that increase the chance of a pre-opening preview, or just no special passholder event at all? My gut is saying no passholder event, but I have been wrong before.

Still looking for folks for a Sept 9 VIP tour with me and my husband.

I heard they aren’t doing tours for the first month. Who knows- at this point I suppose it’s all rumor. I do have a tour booked for early Oct and when I expressed that our primary goal would be Galaxy’s Edge they said they couldn’t guarantee tours would be allowed there yet but would let me know so I could cancel if necessary. I hope you are able to use a tour to get in there. I think that’s going to be the best way to do it! May the force be with you!!

Following. We're not going until November but would still love a hard ticket or exclusive member event. DVC members but will probably upgrade one ticket to AP if needed for an event like this.

Your post was prior to the EMH announcement. I am curious, now that all the extra EMH hours have been announced, does this seem more or less likely? It would, by default, have to be an after hours event now, not pre-opening like TSL was. Does that increase the chance of a pre-opening preview, or just no special passholder event at all? My gut is saying no passholder event, but I have been wrong before.
I am sure Jim Hill will have more insights before it opens but my guess is that if there is any it will still be after. But it could be as last as after the Extra Extra Magic Hours happens. The Extra Extra Magic hours are only till early November? I know as of now they will be done when we are there Thanksgiving. So, maybe after that and the initial rush dyes down? At least that is what I am hoping for...

OR maybe they will wait until BOTH rides are open to do the AP events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter