Annual Passholder Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the Chat function on the website today and spoke to someone immediately. I explained the situation (our AP expire on 5/23 and we have a 6/14-6/16 trip planned). She was able to put in a “key card” for the dates we are onsite in order to book FP for June.
Thanks! They added it for me, so now I guess it's time to play the "refresh" game since all the one I wanted are gone, haha.

I used the Chat function on the website today and spoke to someone immediately. I explained the situation (our AP expire on 5/23 and we have a 6/14-6/16 trip planned). She was able to put in a “key card” for the dates we are onsite in order to book FP for June.

Maybe I've been living under a rock and this is more common than I realize, but I'm surprised/impressed a chat CM could handle that for you. Much easier than calling!

edit to add screen shot of the "renewal"

Thanks for sharing.

Okay, then, I'm stumped.

Whenever I have renewed, what shows in my MDE is my current AP, as long as it is still valid, and the new AP, with the expiration date one year after the expiration of the current one. I have not needed to do anything to continue using my pass, although I do try to get a new plastic AP card every year or two, when it is convenient.

I think that is why people have not been able to help -- most of us did not know there was such a thing as a "renewal voucher". It's only a renewal if the expiration date doesn't change. How it will be handled in this unprecedented current situation is anyone's guess.

My pass expired on April 14th. Today I called to renew. As stated before, my next renewal date will be the day the park re-opens. The CM added my pass to my MDE. All was pretty easy.

I often wonder if website "chats" are really BOTS

I often wonder if website "chats" are really BOTS
In a lot of cases, yes. It's one of the things the company I work at provides. The bots (at least ours) are designed in a way that when it can't match you to a known answer, it then hands you off to a live person who takes over seamlessly.

I spoke with someone via chat last week and though I received help immediately, I would like to ask your opinions based on what we are all hearing if you believe this to be correct, as well. Our passes expire in May. I was told to renew by current expiration date and not to wait to renew and that the extension for the closure would be added on to the end. The wordage was confusing and I had to sort of ask in a couple different ways, which is why I'm not convinced the answer I received is exactly right.

So current expiration date is May 8 2020. I will renew by May 8 2020 and my pass will be good until May 8 2021 + the number of days included in the extension? So potentially, late June 2021 would be when the renewed pass would expire?

Has anyone seen a new expiration date for their AP yet? Mine expired April 5th, and I had already renewed so I could book FP+ for a trip later in April. Mine is still showing 4/5/21 for the renewed AP as the expiration- no extension yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter