Another attraction gone?

Interesting but not surprised -had a good run. It will be nice to see what they come up with for the space

Hoping to go in September. I didn't realize that many attractions are closed due to an actor's strike. NOt sure the details but it was mentioned in the above report. Can anyone tell me what other attractions/shows are closed because of this? Trying to go in September, but now starting to reconsider.....(aside from Covid issues, etc.)

Hoping to go in September. I didn't realize that many attractions are closed due to an actor's strike. NOt sure the details but it was mentioned in the above report. Can anyone tell me what other attractions/shows are closed because of this? Trying to go in September, but now starting to reconsider.....(aside from Covid issues, etc.)
Basically anything with live actors. Lion King show, Nemo show, Beauty and the Beast show, etc.

Geesh, I didn't realize that. I thought it was a Covid thing that might be worked out with distancing. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

I'm confused about UP: Great Bird Adventure at Animal Kingdom. It seems closed, but I've read people talking about seeing a bird show (maybe without Russel and Doug?). Anyone know about this? [p.s. I'm sad about Little Mermaid. I really liked that show at DHS]

I'm confused about UP: Great Bird Adventure at Animal Kingdom. It seems closed, but I've read people talking about seeing a bird show (maybe without Russel and Doug?). Anyone know about this? [p.s. I'm sad about Little Mermaid. I really liked that show at DHS]

They're doing a show with just the trainers and the the birds. I really enjoyed it.

Ugh, that stinks. It is an old show, but it always drew a crowd and has such a nostalgic appeal. I just hate the fact that I can’t see it one last time and say goodbye like I did for Illuminations. I have the same feeling of disappointment over Splash Mountain. Sad, but hopefully Disney will do something amazing with the space.

That sounds much better than the UP show. All the “Wilderness Explorer” stuff was totally lame, in a show where you mainly are interested in the birds.

I haven’t seen the new UP version of the show, but I love the bird show. I have 2 parrots myself so I’m naturally drawn to the show. My understanding, from my conversations with the trainers, is they are a separate company and subcontracted by Disney for the show and macaw flyovers in front of the tree of life. Makes sense that they would still do a show of sorts because they have to go to work to take care of and train the birds. Any other actors in the show would probably be subject to the same situation as every other actor in the other stage shows. Plus, they have to keep the birds in practice and used to performing.

It's not an actor's strike. Their union made a request for more Covid safety for performance actors. Rather than sit down and discuss, Disney canceled the layoff recalls and the two sides aren't talking as far as we know.
Yup, this is good ol' fashion union busting so the Bob's can buy another Bentley while the talent has to take in another roommate.

This was the area that the "black Box" ride was to be placed in DHS. Not sure it will still happen, or if it will be greatly delayed due to covid and such. Right now a ride is somewhat expected in this site.

The bottom line is Disney is hemorrhaging money and does not want to pay for daily Covid Testing, the Union believes the only safe way for the performers to work is with daily testing. Both are correct in the way they view this- a classic stand off. Disney's solution so far is to not re open any of the live performances. This of course is not acceptable to the Union which is filing a greivance. What is that old tag line "Can't we all just get along?"

The biggest issue with all this is that it isn't a normal labor dispute, its classified as a pandemic which is considered a health and safety issue. So the union has to tread lightly because the rules change and favor the employer in these type of disputes. I hope they can come to an agreement soon and get people back to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter