Another attraction gone?

TV is a bad idea because shows usually don't run long enough to last beyond the time it takes to recognize a popular show, plus the design of the land and the building of it.

DHS would be best served to have these IP lands that are heavily movie based that last 3+ movies. If the new Indiana Jones is actually good, there's your starting point.

Yeah...for some reason they keep making "Hollywood"-themed parks and then just shoving them full of whatever IP they can't fit anywhere else, in part because attractions themed to "Hollywood" tend to revolve around a bygone era that doesn't attract enough young people. I agree that it should probably be franchises or other things that last longer than one blockbuster season if you're going to theme a land around it. Indy would have the problem that SW has at Disneyland though: one attraction on one side of the park and the rest of the "land" all the way across the park on the other side!

I'm not remotely a fan of the Cars movies, but I do love two things that came out of the film: the Rascal Flatts cover of "Life is a Highway" and Carsland. You don't have to like or even have seen the movie(s) to enjoy that part of DCA. It has our go-to spot for in-park breakfast (mmmmm Flos...) and gorgeous pictures with amazing forced perspective AND a really great E-ticket. As a land itself, I actually prefer it to Galaxy's Edge - and I much prefer Star Wars to Cars.

Unfortunately, there is definitely not enough space to build out Carsland in DHS. It's almost the size of Galaxy's Edge. It would require tearing out almost all of backstage and the sightlines would be a nightmare. Which is a shame...but at the same time, we at DL never get anything to ourselves, so it's kind of nice to hold Carsland over Florida ;)

Come again? Not counting duplicate rides that have closed at WDW (Snow White & Mister Toad), the rides you have to yourselves include the Matterhorn, Temple of Doom, Roger Rabbit, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, the Storybook boats, and the long versions of Peter Pan and POTC. Plus World of Color.

I am also in favor or bringing back the onsite animators, though I'm pretty sure that will never happen. What I would like to see, though, that would be nearly cost-free, and especially welcome in the Florida climate, would be an actual movie theatre of sorts (probably set up more as a lounge so that viewers can use it as a rest space and come and go without much disturbing others), with short films running continuously. Pull stuff out of the vault, plus the Pixar shorts, mixed in with trailers; it would be a great place to rest and relax and appreciate the art of animation. A beverage source nearby would be nice, but not meals; wouldn't want it to turn it into SciFi Dine-In.

Last edited:

Come again? Not counting duplicate rides that have closed at WDW (Snow White & Mister Toad), the rides you have to yourselves include the Matterhorn, Temple of Doom, Roger Rabbit, Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland, the Storybook boats, and the long versions of Peter Pan and POTC. Plus World of Color.

I am also in favor or bringing back the onsite animators, though I'm pretty sure that will never happen. What I would like to see, though, that would be nearly cost-free, and especially welcome in the Florida climate, would be an actual movie theatre of sorts (probably set up more as a lounge so that viewers can use it as a rest space and come and go without much disturbing others), with short films running continuously. Pull stuff out of the vault, plus the Pixar shorts, mixed in with trailers; it would be a great place to rest and relax and appreciate the art of animation. A beverage source nearby would be nice, but not meals; wouldn't want it to turn it into SciFi Dine-In.

Disneyland used to do exactly what you say on Mainstreet with old Mickey Mouse cartoons.

Fair, although I would point out that a few of those are only barely not duplicates - Peter Pan and Pirates, plus Indy is awesome but is the exact same track/mechanism as Dinosaur. And Matterhorn is down so often that my partner - born and raised in California - has never been on it because it's never been open when he's gone. I've gone three times and it's been down every time. And of our duplicates, one is much better (Space Mountain...god I hate the single bobsled version back East!) But still, fair enough.

But compare those half-dozen things we have to Florida's THREE EXTRA PARKS, PTN (which we had for like 5 minutes), Spectromagic...and most of the ones you listed are things we've had since opening. Anything since about 1980 that opens first in California gets cloned to WDW if it's any good. Soarin, Fantasmic, Star Tours, TSMM...

But compare those half-dozen things we have to Florida's THREE EXTRA PARKS, PTN (which we had for like 5 minutes), Spectromagic...and most of the ones you listed are things we've had since opening. Anything since about 1980 that opens first in California gets cloned to WDW if it's any good. Soarin, Fantasmic, Star Tours, TSMM...

TSMM opened in WDW a month before it opened in DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!