Another Canadian Residents Deal?

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I need to buy tickets for October and I'm nervous now about the price increase. Wondering if I should buy now through Undercover Tourist or if I should hold out in hopes of them offering another Canadian Residents ticket deal when the current one ends tomorrow? What do you guys think? I'm trying to be frugal, the exchange rate is killer lol. Thanks so much :)

If the budget is very fixed my philosophy is to buy now. By buying now you know exactly what you will pay.

If you wait you could get lucky: exchange rate improves and Cdn resident offers.....ORRRRRRRR exchange rate worsens, no offers, and tickets go up as opening day of SWGE closes in.

It'll depend what your risk level is. If they do offer another resident deal I can't see it being cheaper than what is offered now. I haven't checked prices lately but there was a thread where tickets went up. Any new Cdn deal will be discounted off the current prices and therefore likely more than you will pay today. Just my 2 cents

I can't see another discount any time soon. They timed the expiry of the current ones for both WDW as well as DLR to coincide with the opening of SWGE. They know the crowds will be insane and they don't need to offer anyone an incentive to go. That's my personal opinion and I would love to be wrong.

Current prices are insane. I priced out tickets for our Christmas trip. Four 10 day park hoppers is a little under $2900 US (start date of Dec 25th which is probably the most expensive tickets you can buy). I can save about $600 by purchasing through UT, so that's a no-brainer.

I still have one set of non expiring tickets left from the CDN discount a couple of years ago. They are 7 day non hoppers. Paid a little under $1200 US for them back then. To get the exact same tickets now through Disney with a start date of Dec 25th, they are just under $2500 US!

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the price of tickets is insane :( We can no longer do anything more than like 4 park days. We're also doing MNSSHP and the cost of that is pretty painful. @ilovetotravel1977 I don't know how you do that with Airmiles!? I feel like I've been collecting them for years and I never get anywhere!

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the price of tickets is insane :( We can no longer do anything more than like 4 park days. We're also doing MNSSHP and the cost of that is pretty painful. @ilovetotravel1977 I don't know how you do that with Airmiles!? I feel like I've been collecting them for years and I never get anywhere!

Hop on over to the Air Miles thread!! Lots of tips and tricks!! You will never look back!

I can't see another discount any time soon. They timed the expiry of the current ones for both WDW as well as DLR to coincide with the opening of SWGE. They know the crowds will be insane and they don't need to offer anyone an incentive to go. That's my personal opinion and I would love to be wrong.

Current prices are insane. I priced out tickets for our Christmas trip. Four 10 day park hoppers is a little under $2900 US (start date of Dec 25th which is probably the most expensive tickets you can buy). I can save about $600 by purchasing through UT, so that's a no-brainer.

I still have one set of non expiring tickets left from the CDN discount a couple of years ago. They are 7 day non hoppers. Paid a little under $1200 US for them back then. To get the exact same tickets now through Disney with a start date of Dec 25th, they are just under $2500 US!

I have a 10 day non exp ticket! After I use that I don’t know how long it will be before I go back. After going 1-2 times a year (from the west coast) I have no trip booked to WDW. Both tickets and rooms are getting ridiculous. And with our low dollar it’s even worse. I’m finally being priced out. Heading over to the dark side instead.

I am planning a Christmas trip this year. But wondering if I would even be able to get tix through Air Miles. Current tickets on Air Miles blocks out Christmas dates. Waiting and hoping.

Right now my plan is to get tix via Air Miles and upgrade to APs when we are there so I actually prefer tix without the Cdn resident discount lol

I have a 10 day non exp ticket! After I use that I don’t know how long it will be before I go back. After going 1-2 times a year (from the west coast) I have no trip booked to WDW. Both tickets and rooms are getting ridiculous. And with our low dollar it’s even worse. I’m finally being priced out. Heading over to the dark side instead.

We might be headed the same way. I have also heard that our dollar could bottom out at 61 cents, which might mean no Disney or even going to the dark side. There comes a point where it's not worth it any more.

With our Christmas trip, I decided to purchase 10 day hoppers from Undercover Tourist as the $600 savings was too good to pass up. In order to change my last set of discounted tickets from the 7 day non-hopper to 10 day hopper would have cost $1700 through Disney, and the 10 day hoppers from UT cost $2200, so it didn't make sense. I'll save the discounted tickets for another trip, then reassess how often we want to go after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter