Another carnival theme??

I meant to say "Midway" in the previous post.

In addition, at DCA, the ride was placed in the Paradise Pier section of DCA.
The "Midway" name fits the type of area (carnival-like) in which it originally was constructed.

The name trademarked by Disney was "Toy Story Midway Mania."
I have a feeling that the powers that be wanted to distinguish the name of the RIDE from
someone just being a big fan of the TS movies.

Ah gotcha.

Back to the OP, I think it will be interesting how it all looks now based on the entrance art for TSM. "Carnival Games" is quite prominent and at first glance, it does make you wonder if they are theming the whole land to a carnival or just that ride. I'm sure when it's opened it will make more sense (I think)

Isn't it suppose to be a carnival/fair/theme park that Andy has imagined and built using his toys? I don't see anything wrong with that.

I've not ever liked Chester and Hester's over at AK, but I don't know what the story is suppose to be there. It seems horribly out of place, but I'll look it up and see if that makes a difference to me.

So how do you use the word midway? Let's go to the midway? I ate too many zeppoles at the midway? I've never heard it once other than for TSM
Well, usually we just go play the games and enjoy the other booths, but the section is still called the midway.
Ok.

I have literally never heard that word in my whole life other than at WDW for this ride

We say fair or carnival
A carnival is all games/food (aka Midway ;)) and rides. And generally travels. A fair, of which the midway is but one section, encompasses Robo's list and maybe more. And while fairs don't run year-round, they to have a permanent location (fairgrounds.)
Right. It's all the fair. Rides and games only might be called a carnival
But you realize now that you've never heard of it in no way indicates nobody ever used the term?

Star Wars land is for the adults. Lol. This land is for the kids.

But seriously. It’s not open yet. No one knows exactly what it is going to be like. Ok things got cut back. That doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

Is anyone on these boards ever really excited about anything that has been done or happening at Disney lately. A lot of negativity this past year it seems.

I’m excited to see what it turns out like. If I don’t like it no big deal. My kids will like it till they grow out of it and then like something else. And I still have the areas I like. Ya I don’t like everything but you don’t have to like everything either.

Jimi

WoW------> This thread really sparked a circuit......It's something new..Let's just take a wait n see approach, b4 jumping the gun...Remember"Toys will be Toys"

I have lived here for my whole life and I have never heard the word "midway" used once. Ever. I don't think it's a standard word, at least around here. When I saw the entrance art, and it was removed, I was like, Oh good, they took that word out that made no sense.

Why did they downplay "Mania"? It seems it will be more prominent going forward if Midway is taken out.
Not sure why you are beating a dead horse here. Several PPs have pointed out its use in common discourse. Just because you aren’t familiar doesn’t invalidate it’s usage.

What a nasty comment.
No harm intended. You mentioned several times that you never heard of the term. Several people pointed out how it has been used for quite awhile. The fact 5hat you aren’t familiar with it doesn’t warrant additional discussion in my opinion.

No harm intended. You mentioned several times that you never heard of the term. Several people pointed out how it has been used for quite awhile. The fact 5hat you aren’t familiar with it doesn’t warrant additional discussion in my opinion.

Beating a dead horse is a nice thing to say? No, it's not. It's nasty.

I said it once about the word, and many people responded to me. Great! It's called a DISCUSSION

So yeah, it was a nasty comment. You want to give feedback, I'll give it back to you sweetie

Beating a dead horse is a nice thing to say? No, it's not. It's nasty.

I said it once about the word, and many people responded to me. Great! It's called a DISCUSSION

So yeah, it was a nasty comment. You want to give feedback, I'll give it back to you sweetie

You literally posted about it no fewer than SEVEN different times in this thread, though...

You literally posted about it no fewer than SEVEN different times.

No, I responded to people responding to my original comment. Again, a DISCUSSION

And anyway, please tell me. Are you the posting police? You are the one who gets to tell people what "warrants" discussion or not?

If I was annoying you, go block me Sweetie

Oh do tell FCDub?

Your last three posts have been more confrontational and patronizing (especially calling people "sweetie" in a condescending manner) than anything else in this thread. I won't punch down, so tapping out of here.

Your last three posts have been more confrontational and patronizing (especially calling people "sweetie" in a condescending manner) than anything else in this thread. I won't punch down, so tapping out of here.

Really? And telling someone that they have been "beating a dead horse" is kind? I was just calling the comment what it was. That does not make me confrontational. And Sweetie is her username

All right folks, probably time to step away from the thread for a bit and let it get back on topic. Thanks.

OK.....So where were we???:confused3

Agh Yes! We were talking about Disney going back to all the old rides...Right?:teeth: OK now that we've been---->:offtopic: Let's get back on track like the mods have stated...LoL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter