Another Copper Creek Increase?

antmr7

Earning My Ears
I know Copper Creek increased from $182 to $188 a point when the rest of them did. But has anyone heard of it increasing again on a March 3rd?

As an aside just looking at Copper Creek 1 bed availability today. There’s no other resort with anything like this resort’s non availibility problems, it is quite something.

As an aside just looking at Copper Creek 1 bed availability today. There’s no other resort with anything like this resort’s non availibility problems, it is quite something.

They seem to have availably issues for everything but cabins

I can think of 2 reasons that could drive short term (1-3 years) availability issues at CCV. First, DVC could have released all the cabins and not released all of the villas. Long term the cabins will likely always impact availability, but if they have released all the cabins and only 50% of the villas, the strain on the villas would be even worse. Second, since DVC gives current calendar year points to new direct contracts, lots of folks have previous UY points to bank and burn as well as current UY points. After a couple of years when the new contracts are spent all over the system, it could come to a better equilibrium. With the cabins, it may never be as good as other resorts, but right now CCV has exceptionally poor availability.

I can think of 2 reasons that could drive short term (1-3 years) availability issues at CCV. First, DVC could have released all the cabins and not released all of the villas. Long term the cabins will likely always impact availability, but if they have released all the cabins and only 50% of the villas, the strain on the villas would be even worse. Second, since DVC gives current calendar year points to new direct contracts, lots of folks have previous UY points to bank and burn as well as current UY points. After a couple of years when the new contracts are spent all over the system, it could come to a better equilibrium. With the cabins, it may never be as good as other resorts, but right now CCV has exceptionally poor availability.

There is approx 7% of the non cabin villas to declare and approx 7.6% of the cabins. I believe it's been declared pretty evenly.

So just got an email from Gib McCain... Suggests pricing going to $210 per point on June 1st.

That will be the sold out price for people that join the waitlist when it sells out because the email said June 1st or before. Email also said over 85% sold out. Disney is in final push to sell it out or just call it sold out on June 1st.

Makes me glad that I purchased a guaranteed week studio. Missed out on the promotion at the time, but never have to fight for a studio at 8:00 AM eastern.

Makes me glad that I purchased a guaranteed week studio. Missed out on the promotion at the time, but never have to fight for a studio at 8:00 AM eastern.
`Guaranteed week, particularly in a studio, is a necessity at Copper Creek if wanting peak times- they are walking 1 beds at 11 months for Xmas! Massive number of points loaded into cabins has done it- there will be a lot of unhappy owners there.

So just got an email from Gib McCain... Suggests pricing going to $210 per point on June 1st.
Back in 1997, we got four points at OKW (direct from DVC) with ten bucks left over for $210. I though $100 was obscene.

`Guaranteed week, particularly in a studio, is a necessity at Copper Creek if wanting peak times- they are walking 1 beds at 11 months for Xmas! Massive number of points loaded into cabins has done it- there will be a lot of unhappy owners there.

I am new to all of this and considering buying at Copper Creek...what does walking 1 beds mean?

Do you think this is because it is the newest DVC option or because they have the fewest rooms in general of the DVC resorts? Or a combination of the two?

All of the above, the cabins don't help its similar to the bungalow issue at Poly you are selling points on rooms the average purchaser is never going to stay in.

Do you think this is because it is the newest DVC option or because they have the fewest rooms in general of the DVC resorts? Or a combination of the two?

There's a competitive aspect to purchasing any points timeshare. There are enough rooms to go around if demand balances perfectly. But if you have 1 villa sold to 12 owners for monthly use each year and 5 owners want to stay in December, there is disappointment.

So if there are a lot of points tied up in the cabins but CCV buyers are all aiming to stay in studios, then many of those buyers will end up frustrated.

You can easily do a search for "walking a reservation." The short answer is that walking is a lot more hassle and requires booking rooms temporarily that you never intend to use, which frustrates additional owners along the way.

When a week in a studio (102) is almost equivalent (5 points shy) of a one night in a cabin (107), all those points sold against those cabins to book the week in a studio.

There's a competitive aspect to purchasing any points timeshare. There are enough rooms to go around if demand balances perfectly. But if you have 1 villa sold to 12 owners for monthly use each year and 5 owners want to stay in December, there is disappointment.

So if there are a lot of points tied up in the cabins but CCV buyers are all aiming to stay in studios, then many of those buyers will end up frustrated.

You can easily do a search for "walking a reservation." The short answer is that walking is a lot more hassle and requires booking rooms temporarily that you never intend to use, which frustrates additional owners along the way.

I appreciate the feedback on that...we are considering buying at Copper Creek to get our feet wet and then exploring the Resale market for additional purchases going forward...just trying to make sure I understand as much as I can before committing.

I appreciate the feedback on that...we are considering buying at Copper Creek to get our feet wet and then exploring the Resale market for additional purchases going forward...just trying to make sure I understand as much as I can before committing.
Put simply, if you intend to buy and stay in studios, expect problems with availibility. If you want to stay in any room but a cabin at Xmas or peak periods, expect problems with availibility.

Put simply, if you intend to buy and stay in studios, expect problems with availibility. If you want to stay in any room but a cabin at Xmas or peak periods, expect problems with availibility.

I'm hopeful we will be ok based on when Peak times seem to be for DVC usage. My wife and I are both teachers and would primarily be using in the Summer Months

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter