Another Copper Creek Increase?

I own at PVB and CCV and I have no problem booking a studio at PVB. I initially bought direct points from DVC without a guaranteed week and then tried to book a reservation at CCV and everything was booked except the last day in the 11 month window. Later in the day this last day is gone. It’s insane. I changed my contract to have a guaranteed week at a studio and removed the discount on the points in the contract. Reservations may get easier once Riveria comes out and CCV is older but I think the additional points sold for the cabins won’t be used at the cabins and will compete for the remaining rooms. They are very few studios relative to the other rooms.

Actually the number of studios at CCV is very comparable in percentages to 1BR's and 2BR's to most other resorts. The difference though is the cabins adding all those points and with the higher price of DVC now and smaller contracts allowed there's probably more owners who bought just enough for the studios vs contracts at the older resorts where minimum sized contracts were larger.

Studios have always been popular and I don't know why DVC can't figure this out. For whatever reason they changed it up at PVB but went too far with no larger villas for those who want them. Then, at CCV and now Riviera, instead of doing something in between they went back to the same old mix. I just don't understand what they are thinking but it doesn't necessarily seem like they are thinking about the owners to be.

Actually the number of studios at CCV is very comparable in percentages to 1BR's and 2BR's to most other resorts. The difference though is the cabins adding all those points and with the higher price of DVC now and smaller contracts allowed there's probably more owners who bought just enough for the studios vs contracts at the older resorts where minimum sized contracts were larger.

Studios have always been popular and I don't know why DVC can't figure this out. For whatever reason they changed it up at PVB but went too far with no larger villas for those who want them. Then, at CCV and now Riviera, instead of doing something in between they went back to the same old mix. I just don't understand what they are thinking but it doesn't necessarily seem like they are thinking about the owners to be.

They are thinking how can we sell the most points and they're so expensive we have to just sell the minimum to get them through the door.

Just purchased CCV Sunday while on DCL. We were told it was 97% sold out and points were jumping from $188 to $210 within the next week or so.

Last edited:

So just got an email from Gib McCain... Suggests pricing going to $210 per point on June 1st.

We spoke to our guide who says the current pricing for CCV is through May. So I would expect an increase June 1, 2019. It is the same date that all of the incentives for late April and May end for the Riviera as well. So I expect that resort will have an increase on June 1 as well.

We spoke to our guide who says the current pricing for CCV is through May. So I would expect an increase June 1, 2019. It is the same date that all of the incentives for late April and May end for the Riviera as well. So I expect that resort will have an increase on June 1 as well.
While that might be true, it is important to remember the increase coming to CCV is fundamentally different than Riviera. The CCV increase is for the sold-out price and you will actually see that increase happen sooner if tomorrow everyone went out and bought the remaining points for CCV, this is just their project sold out date.

So I don't expect you will see a huge movement in Riviera and especially not without seeing a movement on the direct prices for BCV/BWV which are it's immediate competitors.

While that might be true, it is important to remember the increase coming to CCV is fundamentally different than Riviera. The CCV increase is for the sold-out price and you will actually see that increase happen sooner if tomorrow everyone went out and bought the remaining points for CCV, this is just their project sold out date.

So I don't expect you will see a huge movement in Riviera and especially not without seeing a movement on the direct prices for BCV/BWV which are it's immediate competitors.

They should just set the date for the point increase and stick with that. If it's sold out in the mean time then the guides don't talk about it to new inquiries and others need to go on a waitlist for points. Since they haven't honored pricing of the time of the waitlist for a few years it really doesn't matter. Of course it drives purchase anxiety which they do love.

They should just set the date for the point increase and stick with that. If it's sold out in the mean time then the guides don't talk about it to new inquiries and others need to go on a waitlist for points. Since they haven't honored pricing of the time of the waitlist for a few years it really doesn't matter. Of course it drives purchase anxiety which they do love.
It is absolutely a marketing ploy to push CCV over the edge. An impending price increase does make you consider the resort. Though my biggest point is that a CCV price increase doesn't say a whole lot about DRR unless we get word that BWV is increasing.

It is absolutely a marketing ploy to push CCV over the edge. An impending price increase does make you consider the resort. Though my biggest point is that a CCV price increase doesn't say a whole lot about DRR unless we get word that BWV is increasing.

I have it on very good authority that all direct prices for sold out resorts are increasing on June 1st. I haven’t heard about DRR price increases though.

I have it on very good authority that all direct prices for sold out resorts are increasing on June 1st. I haven’t heard about DRR price increases though.

All resorts another bump... ughhh. This is going to make my addonitis take place before that date...

All resorts another bump... ughhh. This is going to make my addonitis take place before that date...

I think this was always the plan with SWL opening up in August. They wanted to do one price increase at the beginning of the year and another closer to opening date so that the price increase doesn’t seem as large as they are targeting. I think the same is true for ticket prices IMO.

I'm stuck working the math if i want 50 additional direct (for full member benefits) even though i don't see us using the annual passes for a couple years. I guess placing the purchase on the Disney visa is nice to pay off for 6 months no interest. This is all assuming nothing materializes on the resale market that is fully loaded or close to it for a decent price.

I'm still pissed that the Riviera has resale restrictions... I would have bought 50 to 75 points direct without that rule in place.

I'm stuck working the math if i want 50 additional direct (for full member benefits) even though i don't see us using the annual passes for a couple years. I guess placing the purchase on the Disney visa is nice to pay off for 6 months no interest. This is all assuming nothing materializes on the resale market that is fully loaded or close to it for a decent price.

I'm still pissed that the Riviera has resale restrictions... I would have bought 50 to 75 points direct without that rule in place.

Chase Freedom is 0% APR for 15 months as a sign up bonus right now. You also get 1.5% cash back or 1.5x rewards if you have a companion Chase ultimate rewards cards you can link it to. I spend way too much time looking into all the credit card rewards and bonuses.

Chase Freedom is 0% APR for 15 months as a sign up bonus right now. You also get 1.5% cash back or 1.5x rewards if you have a companion Chase ultimate rewards cards you can link it to. I spend way too much time looking into all the credit card rewards and bonuses.

We have double Southwest Chase cards and 2x companions passes right mow for all of 2019. Hitting up Aulani and hopefully an xmas trip to WDW. Thanks for the credit card tip.

We have double Southwest Chase cards and 2x companions passes right mow for all of 2019. Hitting up Aulani and hopefully an xmas trip to WDW. Thanks for the credit card tip.

I keep trying to quit credit cards and then they come up with deals that are impossible to turn down when you have to spend the money anyway. Ha.

I am not kidding. :/

:sad:

I thought we were safe for another year.

I really don't want to have to decide what to do about our need for more points. The last increase priced me out of BLT (original plan). We love BWV but I refuse to buy more direct points there. My DH wants points that we can use to trade into new resorts and he basically doesn't care about spending money, but I do! :faint:

:sad:

I thought we were safe for another year.

I really don't want to have to decide what to do about our need for more points. The last increase priced me out of BLT (original plan). We love BWV but I refuse to buy more direct points there. My DH wants points that we can use to trade into new resorts and he basically doesn't care about spending money, but I do! :faint:

If you are focusing on dollars spent direct - wouldn't OKW be the best option?

If you are focusing on dollars spent direct - wouldn't OKW be the best option?

Yes, I think we would have to choose between SSR and OKW.

I do really like SSR and it has lower dues for now, but if we wanted to stay at SSR we could do so without owning.

OKW rooms are slightly harder to get and we'd have a shot at a Grand Villa near HH once in awhile which would be nice...plus it has a 3 more years of contract and saves a few bucks on the original purchase....but the 2 end dates thing is slightly worrisome and maybe difficult to match via resale if we wanted to add on some day...

It's soooo hard! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter