Another Day, Another Countdown... An August 2017 PTR *Updated 8/26 I'm back!*

Well, I have no idea how I missed this report so far! I am a terrible DIS-friend! :o Happy to be here now, though - just in time for the May recap, it seems! :thumbsup2
Yay!!! So happy to have you here, Dugette! :goodvibes

Congrats on the AP!
Thank you!!!

Go ahead! Be anything you want to be!
Why, thank you! :laughing: When everyone else was dreaming about being this or that when they grew up, I really just wanted to go to Disney World all the time. Mission accomplished, right!? :rotfl:

It's very subtle, but I think I may have picked up on that
Subtly really is a strong suit of mine... :rolleyes1

Awww, you always know the way to my heart :lovestruc

YAY for your big AP purchase!!!
Thank you!!!

Hope FP day goes how you want it!!
Me, too! ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Awesome news indeed on the annual pass. We don't have them for the first time in 5 years and between not having the AP discount or TiW, I'm seriously having anxiety over our next trip.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Awesome news indeed on the annual pass.
Thank you!!! I think my family thinks I've lost my mind but... :confused3 :laughing: That's why it's good to have the Dis... we get each other ;)

We don't have them for the first time in 5 years and between not having the AP discount or TiW, I'm seriously having anxiety over our next trip.
:scared1: I can imagine, those discounts sure help... especially with a drink or two here and there... :rolleyes1;) Hopefully next year you'll get back on the discount band wagon :thumbsup2

FastPasses Booked!!!
Hello, everyone! It’s been a while since my last legitimate post (beyond just nonstop babbling about my Annual Pass) but I hadn’t really done much in the way of planning save for endlessly tweaking my daily plans in prep for FP day… I think you all know how that goes! :rolleyes1

So I bellied on up to my computer this morning and anxiously awaited 7am. Since I usually get to the office between 7:15 and 7:30 each day, I really had to hustle. I am pleased to report that I was sitting at my desk at 7:33am – even after a fast-walk (much like we all do to TSMM upon entry…) to work in a record time of 9 minutes! My poor sandal was the victim of my fast-walk this morning, though – as the dang thing broke on my walk home this afternoon and I proceeded to make every person I encountered – pedestrian and driver alike – assume I was 5 drinks into my evening already… Tipsy is as tipsy does, right @kastoney ? :laughing:

Anyway… here’s a mildly acceptable screenshot of my daily plans, including my FastPasses! I have an extra row at the bottom that didn’t fit into the screenshot that includes all the nighttime shows like Star Wars fireworks, Illuminations, Rivers of Light, etc. But I guess you’ll just have to trust me on that. As I told @chunkymonkey , I’m forever trying to come up with the perfect planning spreadsheet! Let me know if you have any good tips!

upload_2017-6-20_21-4-6.png

My 7:05pm ADR at LTT on arrival day is with none other than the lovely Su-Lynn and her husband Steve! But unfortunately I had to remove their names in order to get everything on the same screenshot :sad2:

Everything worked out exactly as I’d wanted it to except for that pesky little FoP FastPass that remained elusive. I even tried going after that day first! Ahh, well. So my improvised plan is to plop myself in standby first thing on AK early entry day on Monday, August 21 since my first FastPass doesn’t have to be taken until the back end of my 9:25-10:25am date with Dinosaur, so that’ll give me up to 2+ hours in standby.

Here's a random picture from my May 2015 to liven up this otherwise text heavy post.

IMG_1789.JPG

I think that covers it! I’m heading to Chicago for a work conference on Friday and when I first started planning my August trip, this weekend’s Chicago trip was a bit more than my halfway mark so I’m both excited to get to Chicago and also excited that I’m on the second half of my countdown!!! :hyper:

PS – if any of you happen to be at any of these places around the same time I am, by all means let me know! I’m always excited for Dismeets!!! (Speaking of… that’ll be my next update… all the Dismeets from my May 2015 trip!!!).

Looks like you got some great FPs! I'm sorry you weren't able to get FoP though :(

Haha your poor sandal, a casualty in the war of Disney planning! :rotfl2:

Have a great time in Chicago :)

Looks like you got some great FPs! I'm sorry you weren't able to get FoP though :(
Yes, I really was so happy with how it turned out!!! Except FoP of course... :sad2: But I've found that bringing along a book on my solo adventures helps pass the time in line pretty quickly! :thumbsup2

Haha your poor sandal, a casualty in the war of Disney planning! :rotfl2:
Right?! :laughing:

Have a great time in Chicago :)
Thank you!!! :goodvibes I may post some pictures in my next PTR update.

YES!!! Fastpasses!!! You got some good ones too!
I really did!!!

It's a shame about FOP.
I agree! ::yes::

My friend and I will be there Aug 17th-21st, Staying at WL!
Yay!!! And also, welcome to the Dis! I see you're new-ish here. Happy to have you, it's such a wonderful community, isn't it?! ::yes::

Yay for getting your FP booked! Hopefully you can snag a FoP - party of 1 might help your odds. Otherwise, rope drop hopefully will work well.

Have a good Chicago trip!

My poor sandal was the victim of my fast-walk this morning, though – as the dang thing broke on my walk home this afternoon and I proceeded to make every person I encountered – pedestrian and driver alike – assume I was 5 drinks into my evening already… Tipsy is as tipsy does, right @kastoney ? :laughing:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

My 7:05pm ADR at LTT on arrival day is with none other than the lovely Su-Lynn and her husband Steve! But unfortunately I had to remove their names in order to get everything on the same screenshot :sad2:
Awesome and so jealous you all get to meet.

Everything worked out exactly as I’d wanted it to except for that pesky little FoP FastPass that remained elusive. I even tried going after that day first!
Wow, is it that hard to get???? I hadn't been keeping up at all

Hi Tracy! Great job on FPs.....they were stressful this time around. weren't they?? I finally managed to snap FoP for my last night. If you do rope drop and super speed walk there I am sure you'll be able to do it without too long of a wait. :)

I did it! I am the [very, extremely, annoyingly, obnoxiously]
proud owner of an Annual Pass!!!
So, so exciting!! And of course this means you get to go to Disney more often! You know, to make sure you get the value from your pass......right??

PS – if any of you happen to be at any of these places around the same time I am, by all means let me know! I’m always excited for Dismeets!!!
Oh! I am at Epcot on the 23rd for my crazy 4 parks day adventure. Drinks at Tutto Gusto??

Great job on FPs.....they were stressful this time around. weren't they?? I finally managed to snap FoP for my last night.
Thanks! Yes, it was stressful this time around! Congrats on your FoP FP - I'm jealous! ::yes::

So, so exciting!! And of course this means you get to go to Disney more often! You know, to make sure you get the value from your pass......right??
My thoughts exactly! ;)

Oh! I am at Epcot on the 23rd for my crazy 4 parks day adventure. Drinks at Tutto Gusto??
Yes!!! Count me in! :thumbsup2

BTW, it looks like we'll be at DHS on Sunday morning as well - and we have to depart for home (waaah) right around the time you head to Epcot so it looks like we'll have to get into more trouble again at DHS!

BTW, it looks like we'll be at DHS on Sunday morning as well - and we have to depart for home (waaah) right around the time you head to Epcot so it looks like we'll have to get into more trouble again at DHS!
Bring on the trouble!!! :hyper: So excited I'll get to see you again before you head home!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter