Another Family Trip, Another Birthday to Celebrate! October 2017 Trip Report! **FINALLY completed 7/5/19**

We got in line for Frozen Live, and I don't remember how long we waited (by my photo timestamps, it wasn't too long between our meet with Molly the Messenger and the first pics I took of the show) but I do remember climbing a lot of stairs to get to the balcony where we sat. Lol! Overall, we all loved the show and were impressed with how well done it was! I loved the little jokes they threw in, while still keeping it fairly true to the movie storyline. My girls haven't seen a ton of live shows, and they were completely into it. Of course, it helped that we were all exhausted and the comfy seats & cool AC in the room were a much welcome break.

Pics from the show!

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?
IMG_1778.jpg

Anna & Hans. Possibly singing about finishing each other's sandwiches...
IMG_1784.jpg

Getting ready to Let It Go! I loved this part with her costume change
IMG_1786.jpg

Reindeers ARE better than People. The head popping out of Sven's back kills me, omg. Haha!
IMG_1792.jpg

Faaaaallllliiiinnnngggg
IMG_1795.jpg

Loved this "In Summer" sequence!
IMG_1796.jpg

A very troll-y wedding
IMG_1800.jpg

Frozen Anna-sicle
IMG_1803.jpg

First kiss, so sweet ;-)
IMG_1804.jpg

One of the last scenes!
IMG_1806.jpg

I definitely recommend catching this show at least once, especially if you are a fan of Frozen or musicals/theater! Its also a great way to catch a cool break on a hot & crowded afternoon :)

Looking at the pictures I have left to share, I only have one - maybe two - posts to go in this TR!

Next up: A few more indoor activities in DCA, then one last hop over to DL and our final ride of the trip :(

All caught up!

It was so sad to see your girls watching out the window while the characters interacted with everyone else outside for Minnie and Friends. So glad Eeyore finally got the ball rolling with some interaction!

Also sad that your ODD got sick after the swings. Poor thing! That moment when you know it's coming can be scary at that age.

The heat looks miserable. I am not a hot weather gal at all! Give me 60° all summer long.

Yeah, that was such a bummer. I know that character breakfasts take a bit longer than a regular breakfast - but we'd done two on our 2015 trip and I felt they had much better timing & spacing with the characters during those. I was very grateful towards Eeyore for coming in when he did!

I felt so bad for poor ODD! It came out of nowhere for her too, and out of my three she's the least likely to get any sort of motion sickness so I think it surprised her more than anything. I'm glad she felt better right after though.

I don't mind hot weather, but at Disney it can become downright miserable really fast when you've got crowds, and the constant go go go. It would've been easier if that wasn't our last day and we could've done a big afternoon break for the pool, that's for sure!

Forgot to mention that your DD's birthday looked like such a special day!

Thanks! We really wanted to make it a lot of fun for her since we'd celebrated ODD & YDD's birthdays a couple years earlier at the parks. I'm glad we got to do so many of her favorite things that day!

The Frozen show looks really fun! That was one of the things I knew my girls would have loved if we had had more than one day in California Adventure. Maybe next time! :) You got some great pictures!

The Frozen show looks really fun! That was one of the things I knew my girls would have loved if we had had more than one day in California Adventure. Maybe next time! :) You got some great pictures!

Thanks! It is a really fun show, especially if you have Frozen fans! My girls were kind of over their Frozen obsession by the time we took this trip, but they still really enjoyed it. Hopefully you get a chance to see it sometime!

Finally wrapping this TR up, since my next trip is coming up really soon! Like six-ish more weeks! Hooray!

After Frozen, we left the theater and caught this awesome view of Guardians of the Galaxy in the gorgeous golden hour light.
IMG_1813.jpg

Our next stop was the animation building to check out a few things in there and continue our quest to stay out of the heat (although at this point with the sun setting, it was finally starting to cool off!) DH was especially keen on doing the Turtle Talk with Crush show since we'd missed that on our previous visits, and I wanted to visit Beast's library.

We had a bit of time to kill before the next Turtle Talk session, so our first stop was Beast's Library! We also walked through some of the other animation rooms & displays too. The girls and I had fun taking the quiz (but now, almost two years later, I couldn't tell you for the life of me what our results were. I wish I'd written it down!) Still, it was a fun area to explore and I loved the theming in the library especially :)

IMG_1817.jpg

ODD taking her quiz
IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

Once it was nearing the time for Turtle Talk to start, we wandered over there and waited to go in and get our seats. It was a really cute show and we all laughed a lot, I'm glad we made time to do it on this trip!

Afterwards, we decided to head back over to Disneyland for our final hour or so before we had to leave for the airport and try and ride one or two last rides.

A final pic leaving the Hollywood area in DCA
IMG_1825.jpg

We had decided to try and ride Dumbo as our final ride of the trip since we hadn't gotten to yet, so we headed straight for Fantasyland - I snapped a couple of halloween decor pics along the way!
IMG_1826.jpg

The great Mickey pumpkin! I was bummed that we never did get a pic of the girls (or a family pic) in front of it this trip - but every time we passed it, there were always huge lines for photos and the girls never wanted to wait. Fair enough. Lol!
IMG_1831.jpg

When we got back to the Fantasyland ride area, the line for Dumbo was too long for the amount of time we had left, so it was down to the carousel and I think maybe Snow White or Pinocchio. The girls decided on the Carousel, so that ended up being our final ride for the trip!

On our way out I got a couple more castle shots and a great shot of the Partners Statue!
IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

All good things must come to an end though, both our trip and now this TR...which only took me like a year and nine months to complete! Haha! Sorry I lost steam at the end and don't really have a ton of details, but I hope all the pics make up for it :)

Stay tuned for my next TR! It's an (almost) solo trip, so I'm not doing a PTR for it - I may make an intro post before I go though, but if not - I should start that post towards the end of August. Thanks to all who followed along! I'm off to catch up on everyone else's TRs that I haven't commented on lately!

I'm glad you finished too! I like looking back through my older trips, and I hope my kids will someday, too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!