Another Great Trip To Report YAY!!!! June-July 2018

Sounds like a couple of great days! Those afternoon storms can certainly mess up a good park plan! Nice on the fitness center and sauna! We've always wanted to try the one at the Hard Rock!

Glad you enjoyed Toothsome! We had a wonderful lunch there in May!!

More food pictures. Awesome. How fun, to get that all in before the rain came. And sweets to end the post. Yum!

Yes those food pictures are amazing and my waist line is remembering how great they were too.:laughing:

Sounds like a couple of great days! Those afternoon storms can certainly mess up a good park plan! Nice on the fitness center and sauna! We've always wanted to try the one at the Hard Rock!

Glad you enjoyed Toothsome! We had a wonderful lunch there in May!!

Yes the storms really put a crimp in my park time. I really didn't think about it because I have not experienced that there before. We did make the best of it though. The spa center was a nice surprise I wish they had told me though but it was okay we found out on our own. We love toothsome it's our favorite at city walk. Glad you enjoyed it too.:thumbsup2

What a great start! Loving all the pictures..and super impressed that they have photo ops at Volcano Bay now, too (that's new since we were there last October). You have a such a cute family :goodvibes.

So sorry that your DH didn't get a chance to meet Captain America due to the rain :sad1:. He is a favorite of my DH, too.

Love the pics of Portofino Bay. It's such a lovely resort!

Looking forward to the next entry popcorn::.

What a great start! Loving all the pictures..and super impressed that they have photo ops at Volcano Bay now, too (that's new since we were there last October). You have a such a cute family :goodvibes.

So sorry that your DH didn't get a chance to meet Captain America due to the rain :sad1:. He is a favorite of my DH, too.

Love the pics of Portofino Bay. It's such a lovely resort!

Looking forward to the next entry popcorn::.

Hi thank you so much! I am just catching up! The teens keep me busy. Yes it is now one of our favorite's and we will stay there again club level. I think they are cute too:D

Thanks for following:goodvibes

Day 5- Park to Park

We were in for another rainy afternoon:sad2:. We had planned to do opening at IOA then hang in the parks till 4 go back and have dinner. After dinner we were going to go back and visit DA at night. I love it there at night. I wasn't sure if we would get back there so we had a contingency plan to do what we wanted and needed. We went and had our awesome breakfast and was done and at the launch by 8:15. We made it to IOA about 8:30 and got in line. They opened the turnstiles about 8:40 and we went through. The family was trying to move along but I called them all back for our entrance pic. I got the photo pass I wanted to use it.:banana:

1460139_100455791.jpg
View attachment 338140
As you can see in the picture I thought my tank top picture looked like a scene from Portofino Bay. I had to get it:teeth:

We got stopped by Hulk until 9:00 and then went through. We decided to skip it this time and head to Dr. Doom. We love this drop tower. It has some of the best air time out of the ones I have ridden. Next stop was spider man then up to Hogsmeade. On the way we stopped for a photo at the selfie station in Jurassic.
1460139_100449136.jpg

We made it to Hogsmeade and got our butter beer and pumpkin fizz. We did some shopping and the boys rode FJ. Liv and I stayed off and shopped. After we made our way back to the front for shopping in those stores. I got 2 ornaments and a pair of shorts. It was about 11:15 and it was an early lunch again at Toothsome. We went over and sat right away. Today Liv and I ordered the same as yesterday. Brian ordered Quiche Lorraine and Charlie got a burger. Brian got another chocolate stout but drank it before I got some.:sad1:. That is by far my favorite beer. Our meal came and it was delicious. We decided on desert today. Charlie got a Hazelnut milkshake, Liv got a brownie sundae and I got chocolate creme brulee. Brian was going to pick on ours. When the waitress brought our deserts she also brought me a dish of chocolate mousse with whip cream and a candle. She saw my birthday pin. I thought that was very nice. Now we had so much desert and they are large. We managed to finish and roll ourselves out. Here are some pics of our meal.

Toothsome_1.jpg
o (1).jpg chocolate-creme-brulee.jpg
brownie-sundae.jpg

When we got outside after the sky was starting to turn a little. I was afraid the rain was going to come in early. We walked over to the studios and did Fallon, Minion and over to DA. We rode Gingotts and did our shopping. We were just finishing up and the rain started. At first it was light but then turned heavy. We had our trusty ponchos and put them on. It started raining so hard and windy we couldn't see. We stopped off by the Transformers meet and greet under shelter. It didn't look like it was going to let up so we decided to leave. We don't like going on rides when it is that rainy. We stopped at the front and got my free photos and took the bus back. We got back and wanted to drop off stuff to the room. This was the first day I got back and my room wasn't cleaned. I saw the housekeeper who had been doing my room and she said not me today. I went over to the lounge and they called for me. Housekeeping was going to come while we ate dinner at 5. We hung out in the lounge with snacks and TV. At 5 food came out. This meal was so good. It was Greek night. We were looking forward to it.
thumbnail (20).jpg thumbnail (21).jpg View attachment 338167thumbnail (35).jpg

After another delicious meal we hung out for a bit. The rain was lighter but it was in the forecast with thunder and lightning for the evening. We decided we didn't want to get caught again in the parks. We opted to try the beach pool. We went down and got lucky that the storms stayed away so we could use it. The hot tub was nice with the water falls. I think the jets could have been stronger and more water. The pool was fun. We had a beach ball went down the slide. WE had a nice night at the pool. We went back to the room and packed. We decided not to do a park in the morning. We would be heading to Northport and Cape Coral for family the rest of the week. Since. we lost pool time we decided to spend a couple of hours there in the morning.

Morning came and we ate breakfast and took our time. Went back to the room got everything together then headed to the pool for 9. We were there till about 10:15 came back and got ready. We were out of the room a little before 11:00. On the way out Olivia and I ran to the Universal store on property to get last minute stuff. The boys were loading the car. We took one last picture and we went on our way.
thumbnail (34).jpg

My summary for this trip report. We loved PBH and the club level there. The staff, food, facilities and room were amazing. I would recommend this resort to anybody. We just love the parks and never get tired of going there. We look forward to many more happy returns. The one area that the resorts with boat transportation have to work on is buses during inclement weather. There was no organization at City Walk and it really was causing problems between guests. The HP lands are our favorites and we are so excited to see what the next chapter has.

I did remember why I try to lose some weight before vacation. I always put it on and then at least I can fit in my clothes when I come home. We really had great food the whole trip!

Thank you so much for following my trip! I had a blast sharing it with you. If you have any questions or comments feel free to type away:goodvibes:thumbsup2

I've enjoyed following you along on this wonderful journey you and the family had!

What a great report! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

Those desserts at toothsome look so good!!

Great report. I loved all of the pictures. Despite the rainy weather, you certainly made the most of your trip.

Great TR! I love the entrance picture to IOA- especially Brian's expression!!

Your Toothsome pictures are mouth watering!!

That is a beautiful picture of you and Liv!!

I'd love to hear about Cape Coral- always looking for some side trips when visiting Florida. My son is moving to Ft. Lauderdale so we'll be visiting S. Florida a lot, too!!

I've enjoyed following you along on this wonderful journey you and the family had!

Thank you so much! I have enjoyed having you following

What a great report! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

Thanks for following :D. We did have a great time.Always do st Universal! Toothsome has some of the best chocolate deserts.:thumbsup2

Great report. I loved all of the pictures. Despite the rainy weather, you certainly made the most of your trip.

Hi thanks for following. We did make the best of it. It was a little disappointing losing a lot of park time but just another reason to make another trip
8-)
Great TR! I love the entrance picture to IOA- especially Brian's expression!!

Your Toothsome pictures are mouth watering!!

That is a beautiful picture of you and Liv!!

I'd love to hear about Cape Coral- always looking for some side trips when visiting Florida. My son is moving to Ft. Lauderdale so we'll be visiting S. Florida a lot, too!!

Hi thank you for following and the pic comment:goodvibes. I love taking pictures with her. She happily obliges me. I think she likes it too. We love Toothsome. I would love to tell you about that area. It really is nice. We did go to Fort Myers Beach also. How exciting your son is moving there. What a great place to start out. We will move with her since that is where we want to settle. It will probably be outside of Orlando. I want to go work at Universal so want to live by there.

We will move with her since that is where we want to settle. It will probably be outside of Orlando. I want to go work at Universal so want to live by there.

That sounds like a great plan!! Working at UO would be great!! All the TM's seem so happy to be there!

Hi there! I enjoyed reading your posts of your trip. And the pics are great! My family and I are heading to PBH next week for a week long stay and we have reserved a Club Level room with 2 queen beds. Quick question for you - you mentioned that they check names at the entrance to the Club lounge. Do they check the kids as well? The only reason I ask is because we will have (1) extra child in the room and I want to make sure they can access the Club, since they won't have a room key, etc., with their name on it. We couldn't justify the price of two rooms for (2) adults + (4) young kids, when we are basically in the room only to sleep and shower. I'm purchasing an express pass for the extra child as well, since she will not have a key.
We are so excited about going! Maybe not the heat and storms, but everything else will be fabulous!
Thank you!

I'm sorry to do this but the thread will be closed.

We do not allow ways to circumvent hotel policies.

If you have 6 people in a standard room, it is against city fire code and ordinances.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do what is required for booking hotels.

You would need to book two standard rooms or a suite that will allow for 6 peeps.

Thread now reopened.

bobbie68 please continue to post away and tell us more about the lovely vacation!

Finally caught up with your full trip report!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your adventures........you all look so happy in the pictures......and you really do look fine in them!!!!

You managed to fit in a lot during tour time there........and I’m sure you’ll get Capt America on your next trip.......he is genuinely a really cool guy!!!

Food pictures are lovely too.........PB Club Lounge is fabulous. Another of our friends used to be the manager there and showed us around and it is stellar!!! Glad you had such a good time there.........:)

Glad to get your thread back in motion!

It's a great read for everyone.

Thanks Mac! I am too!! I love to share knowledge with one of my favorite places to visit. I really have enjoyed doing them. Honestly, reading Schumigirl's reports were very motivating.

Finally caught up with your full trip report!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your adventures........you all look so happy in the pictures......and you really do look fine in them!!!!

You managed to fit in a lot during tour time there........and I’m sure you’ll get Capt America on your next trip.......he is genuinely a really cool guy!!!

Food pictures are lovely too.........PB Club Lounge is fabulous. Another of our friends used to be the manager there and showed us around and it is stellar!!! Glad you had such a good time there.........:)

Hi thanks so much for reading! I am glad you liked it! Yes we did fit in a lot and I have to be honest I think this is the first trip that I felt it caught up with me a little bit. I will do a few less things getting to Florida next time.

It's funny we have vacationed in different places but I don't know Universal makes me the happiest. I am glad that it shows!

I agree with you on the lounge there. It is run very efficiently and just a general nice place to relax with good food. We just really loved everything about the resort. I would like to try walking the path next time. It just seemed to not work in our favor.

It's funny Brian rarely asks for anything to do on vacation except he wanted to take a pic with Captain America with his matching shirt. LOL! I promised next time that will be the first thing we do on a good weather day! It seems that the associates really enjoy being in character and it makes a difference.

I am glad you made it back home safely and look forward to your new report! When I first started reading yours before I did one I could feel the heart and soul put into it and how it reminded you of the trip. I gave it a try and love it now. It sounds like you had another great trip! It seems you really like SF and enjoyed it which is great! It will be a resort I will check out in the future. I think the ep is what has kept us from there. I may do a resort only a day or two there like I have with cabana in the past.[/QUOTE]

I find your trip report a well written one too !

So nice you are including all the pictures

A great report from start to finish! :thumbsup2 Loved all your photos, and thoroughly enjoyed your great write ups on the food. So glad you tried and enjoyed Toothsome!! We love it there, too! :)

Hopefully this won't be your last trip report. It's always fun to read along and hear about other Disers adventures :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts