Another Hoop De Doo payment question

mab2012

DIS Veteran
Lots of threads on this general topic, but I haven't been able to find an answer to my specific question...

If I book HDDR and pay out of pocket, can I later switch that reservation to use another guest's dining plan credits? The guest in question would be named on the reservation, and could be present when I pick up the tickets.

When you book the original reservation you have to input the dining plan info from MDE to pay for the ADR just as you would pay OOP. As this type of ADR requires a payment in advance in order to reserve. You may want to call Disney and see if they can reserve it over the phone for you using your friends dining plan credits and take your payment for the rest of your party.

Thanks for responding, but unfortunately it doesn't address my question. I appreciate the attempt though. :flower3:

Context: I have two rooms reserved, paid for (including the dining plan), and managed by me. Except that Disney can't seem to separate the concept of "guest responsible for a reservation" from "guest present in a room", nor will they allow me to be listed as the lead guest on two rooms. So one of the rooms is officially under my mother's control, but she knows nothing about anything Disney. And that's the room with the dining plan. I could have mom call to book the reservation, but she wouldn't have a clue what she was asking for. I could call and "be her" (it wouldn't be the first time), but I'd need to get her credit card information for that, since they'll still want a credit card guarantee, and probably wouldn't look kindly on "mom" offering up my credit card. And for whatever reason, the dining plan is not showing up as a payment option when I try to book through my mother's MDE account (which I created). I gather from other threads that this is a common problem. Could be because I added the dining plan as a DVC add-on instead of booking as part of a package.

If nobody has direct experience with this sort of situation, I'll just go ahead and book the reservation and sort it out upon arrival. In the worst case, we either cancel the reservation and just don't go, or cancel and rebook immediately with the dining credits (although from what I understand, that's likely to leave us with "worse" seats).

I have had trouble booking with the dining plan with a DVC reservation. I just called and they booked over the phone without billing me. If you have not booked yet, I would call with your Mother's reservation information and book with the dining plan.

That said, I don't think you would have an issue using her dining plan later and getting a credit, although I don't have direct experience with this. But it might be easier to bill to the dining plan up front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter