Another restaurant question

chezp

Earning My Ears
I've noticed that there are quite a few similarities between the names of restaurants at DLP and WDW. As a WDW veteran, do the namesakes in DLP serve similar food or not? I'm thinking of places like the Yacht Club or California Grill. Are other places based on similar named restaurants at WDW - e.g. Cape Cod / Cape May Cafe.

I guess Planet Hollywood and the Rainforest Cafe are much the same as their American counterparts?

Thanks,

Cheryl

With the exception of PH and RC, although the names may be the same the menus are entirely different. The California Grill IS a high-quality restaurant, but there the similarity ends. They are catering for a purely European audience at DLP, hence there are definite differences in the style of cuisine from the US.

When we visted Tokyo Disney the restauraunt next to (not in the same open building as in DLP) the Pirates of the Caribbean ride was the Blue Bayou and in DLP it is obviously the Blue Lagoon. Ironically enough the Paris version is a more fish based menu than the Tokyo one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!