• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

another vote for mgm, and...

Safari Steve

D23 Expo Here I Come!!!
As someone who does not completely enjoy Fantasmic, I have to say that (as far as I'm concerned) the last 5 minutes of that show make the whole thing, and that is due primarily to the use of Steamboat Willie (which is a VERY accurate representation of the 'rinky-dink little steamer' from the FIRST SOUND CARTOON EVER.)

Steve, I'm with you. Just because the park didn't build another "Mark Twain", doesn't make it a bad show, or poor effort. I've seen both, and while I remember enjoying the DL version a bit more, it may be because I saw it first.

I know several folks who like MGM better just because they can sit down!

That Steamboat Willie piece rocks! My daughter (12) absolutely squealed with delight when she saw it. That was enough for me to make Fantasmic a Must See every time I'm in the world. What else matters?

All we can say is that thank the HEAVENS that we did the dinner package so we didn't have to wait hours for a seat and were quite disappointed in the show. But would have been much more disappointed if we'd wasted all that time with screaming children in a line!

My DS is completely enthralled with Fantasmic every time we see it and I enjoy it too particularly when we do the dinner package. I think it's all wonderful with the piece you're referring to making it even better. Wow, don't I sound positive for a change! :eek: :D

I have been to the World 1 time and saw almost everything at the parks. Went in Sept. during hurricane Floyd 99. My husband who hated the thought of vacationing in Disney, and the kids, age 4 and 6, and myself all selected Fantasmic as the best event at Disney. Second Choice was Blizzard Beach. While the kids loved the rides and hubby loved the broadway type musical shows at MGM, we all agreed if we come back again that we would definitely see Fantasmic again. It was in my opinion a wonderfully real experience. Felt like we were part of the show. Just another view from first timers, hoping to visit again in 2002.

Must agree Fantasmic is one of Disney's best. It's an amazing show to watch. The fastest 25 minutes in the park and I enjoy every moment of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter