Another waitlist fail

This affected multiple resorts actually. it just happened in the wee AM hours for Poly, SSR, and if I remember correctly GF. Availability for those three vanished after just a few minutes though.

Wow. What is wrong with Disney's website? . . . Other than, EVERYTHING? (Just kidding. It DEFINITELY is buggy, but I think it is improving.)

Is there a better time of day to check if any inventory opens up or is it random throughout the day ?

After constant checking; I grabbed my single waitlisted day myself. I then canceled my waitlist. This was on a Sunday about 1:30 EST.

Got my final day today. Had a waitlist, but booked myself. I went to my dashboard and had the booked room, and waitlist right under. Never grabbed it. This is the third time in 2 weeks.

I've had a waitlist for a couple of months, VGF, and it's approaching FP+, which means soon after 30D. So I was concerned, been checking daily for any resort for the past month, AK was availabe a couple weeks ago, guessing when there was a glitch, but didn't book since still waiting. So last night Boardwalk was available, so booked. This morning I had a phone call stating VGF was now available, and how to proceed. So waitlist came through, but I didn't know they called. Reservation showing up in MDE and on DVC website.

Anyone else have any updates about this? I booked 4 nights at Jambo during the glitch.

I received my “welcome home” Mickey Mail brochure with Jambo and our new reservation # on Friday. MDE and DVC website still show us booked into Jambo. No emails or calls alerting us otherwise.

Anyone else have any updates about this? I booked 4 nights at Jambo during the glitch.

I received my “welcome home” Mickey Mail brochure with Jambo and our new reservation # on Friday. MDE and DVC website still show us booked into Jambo. No emails or calls alerting us otherwise.
I’d call member services and ask to put some type of request on your room, like, “near the elevator.” If they take your request and note it in the file, then there clearly must not be any trouble with the reservation.

Also, I have not heard of them cancelling anyone who booked ”during the glitch.” Maybe they have , but I haven’t heard of any problems. So, as far as I can tell, Disney seems to be honoring the reservations.

Disney owns 2% of all the points. Maybe it was their inventory that became available which is why they don't have to cancel them. They just lost their own rooms effectively and will grab them back as they become available.

I arrive on September 7. I have a BWV garden/pool studio booked since exactly 7 months out.
I waitlisted BW View as well as BCVs and haven't had any luck but didn't really think I would.
I looked this morning since I leave a week from tomorrow, and it doesn't show one room available for my dates with
exception of one day at AKL. I am going September 7-15, 2018.

I’d call member services and ask to put some type of request on your room, like, “near the elevator.” If they take your request and note it in the file, then there clearly must not be any trouble with the reservation.

Also, I have not heard of them cancelling anyone who booked ”during the glitch.” Maybe they have , but I haven’t heard of any problems. So, as far as I can tell, Disney seems to be honoring the reservations.
I booked during the glitch and have actually added two more nights to it since. So I’m sure it’s fine. Both nights that I grabbed on my own (that were waitlisted but I booked before waitlist found), were attached to that original reservation with no problems

Hello, I never post anything but figured I would give an update on the "glitch". I had originally booked at wilderness Lodge but needed another night in the beginning of our trip which I booked on cash at all stars. When I saw availability open at animal kingdom Jambo value room for the entire stay I grabbed it and cancelled the cash stay and wilderness Lodge.
Anyways we checked in on Aug 29th no problem and check out on the 4th. Our room was available around 5 but we flew in later so it really didn't matter

Maybe it wasn’t a glitch at all and they just added a room back into inventory that was taken out:confused3 It did seem like when it opened up, they went fast, like it could have been just one room.

Had to delete several posts asking about a website in the DISboards website. Those may not be discussed here. Please do not post ways to get around the filters. The words and websites in the filter are there for a reason. Thank you.

Last edited:
I had 2 wait lists filled this afternoon - one for a BWV BW view studio and one for an AKV CL 1 BR ( both single nights). I had been stalking the website ever since creating the wait lists and even checked a few times this morning but nothing came up. Imagine my surprise when an email arrived nforming me that the AKV wait list came thru. An hour later, another email came for the BWV wait list. So, sometimes it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter