Anti-Bacteria Soap and Other Fun Things!

Stepharoonie!

<font color=teal>NOTHING is scarier than Wilford B
While getting ready for our cruise this week (YIPPIE!!), I wanted to share a few deals that I found.

Right now, Bath and Body Works (usually in your local mall) is having a 4 for $10 sale on their giant Anti-Bacteria soap (deep cleaning and moisturizing). My boyfriend and I usually stock up on these, are they not only make great gifts, but they're terrific for deep cleaning soaps.

We also purchased small "travel sized" empty shampoo bottles from Target for 75 cents each. We're putting conditioner, shampoo, and the Anti-Bacteria soap in them. They take up less than half of the room in our suitcases, so we'll have more room for clothes or souviners.

Also, The Body Shop (also in a local mall), they have wonderful smelling travel candles called Exotic for $5 each. They come in a little tin can, and are WONDERFUL!

Just wanted to share :)

:hyper:

Thanks! I was planning on picking up some of the antibacterials. Were these the lotions or the actual soaps? Or both? I like the lotions:p

Wow - it is so funny you should post about this. I just came from Bath and Body and stocked up on the soaps. I don't think the lotions were included in the 4 for $10. But they do have moisturing soap, foaming kids soap, deep cleaning soap, and antibacterial wipes that were included in the special. The soaps were the liquid pump types.

Don't take the travel candles on the ship!

I wish I had a B & B W here. I'd love to get some of their products on sale. I just might have to go on a road trip today!

Thanks! I was already planning a lunchtime trip to BB&W today for my antibacterial items. Great to hear that there is a sale!!!!! Maybe I can buy some more items for myself then. :rolleyes: :hyper:

Hey steph, neat ideas! I would not bring the candles on the ship however unless they are a "Safety type" fire on a cruise is not a good thing :)

I just wanted to point out (so there is no false sense of security here) that in order to see any extra "benefit" from antibacterial soaps, you need to leave the soap on your hands for a full 2 minutes. Most people don't leave soap on their hands for this amount of time and wash it off before it's done anything. Also, antibacterial soaps will do absolutely nothing against viruses like the common cold, norwalk and norwalk-like viruses and the flu. Proper handwashing where you scrub you hands for 15 to 30 seconds with any type of soap in hot water before rinsing will rid you hands of anything nasty on them, bacterial or viral.

We also like to use purell, which is basically an alcohol solution that kills whatever is on your hands. Because it is alcohol based, the alcohol evaporates off of your hands and it doesn't continue to kill the good bacteria on your skin the way antibacterial gels do (if you have any concern about the overuse of antibacterial stuff and the subsequent development of resistant strains of bacteria.)

Hey, I like bath and bodyworks products a lot, so thanks for the tip, but I just wanted to mention the realities of hand washing given the time of year it is.

Lisa

The Purell hand sanitizer is on sale for 25 cents a bottle for the travel size at Target.

I don't want to set fire to the ship, so I guess I won't bring the travel candle. We had read somewhere that bringing one was a good idea, but I guess not :)

Also, I really like the B&BW anti-bacterical soaps because they make my hands feel much, much cleaner than regular hand soaps.

In the next few weeks, B&BW will have more big sales on their body lotions, and their Wallflower scents, too! :)

:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter