Anxious about Gringotts? Try it!!!

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
As someone who has sat out tons of rides through the years, I offer this advice if you’re prone to motion sickness...TRY IT! I had no ill effects at all, and my only disappointment was that the ride ended too soon!!

Pop a Dramamine and breath!! Can’t wait to do it again! Ymmv, but it’s definitely worth a try!

As someone who has sat out tons of rides through the years, I offer this advice if you’re prone to motion sickness...TRY IT! I had no ill effects at all, and my only disappointment was that the ride ended too soon!!

Pop a Dramamine and breath!! Can’t wait to do it again! Ymmv, but it’s definitely worth a try!

Love Gringotts! The beginning where you are going to drop always makes me a little nervous but it is really my favorite part!!

I loved Gringotts too! I have motion sickness and sit out of a lot of rides, but I decided to try this and was just fine with it. We rode probably 6 times over the course of our trip last week.

I also sit out on a lot of rides, BUT I "faced my fears" on this one. TRY IT; I LOVED IT! :cheer2:SO happy I did it. CAN'T WAIT to try it again for a short 3night/4 day December pre Holiday trip! Just missed King Kong by a month opening, so dying to do that as well. Have never seen Univ/IOA with Holiday decorations. :santa:Will be a lot of fun, although will miss staying on site at Universal as we have always done. Nothing like Express Pass being included and just LOVE the convenience of the Hard Rock. :jumping3:

I also sit out on a lot of rides, BUT I "faced my fears" on this one. TRY IT; I LOVED IT! :cheer2:SO happy I did it. CAN'T WAIT to try it again for a short 3night/4 day December pre Holiday trip! Just missed King Kong by a month opening, so dying to do that as well. Have never seen Univ/IOA with Holiday decorations. :santa:Will be a lot of fun, although will miss staying on site at Universal as we have always done. Nothing like Express Pass being included and just LOVE the convenience of the Hard Rock. :jumping3:

I love King Kong!! Beware of the "surprises" in the regular line!!

Yep- staying at HRH onsite with EP is great, but it doesn't matter where you stay- it will be just as much fun!!

If you are trying Dramamine for the first time, maybe try it at home before you head to the parks. It totally knocks me out. Better to find that out at home than wasting park time back in the hotel room. ;)

I had to switch to the Scop patch.

Gringotts is my favorite ride at any park in central Florida! The simulator rides mess me up, but I am fine on Gringotts.

Where is this ride?

Even people who are afraid of roller coasters I encourage to go onto the ride.

The first dive down looks more intimidating than it actually is and doesn't really do a dramatic drop. I'm a huge fan of roller coasters, but drops are the only thing that really makes my heart stop, however the first tilt and hesitation are mainly done as dramatic effect.

Also, I've actually timed the roller coaster bits up to about 6-7 seconds in timing and aren't that intense. So, to me I feel it's perfect for anyone wanting to get a taste of a roller coaster experience, or people who feel as if they cannot handle them.

If you are trying Dramamine for the first time, maybe try it at home before you head to the parks. It totally knocks me out. Better to find that out at home than wasting park time back in the hotel room. ;)

I had to switch to the Scop patch.
I would get the Natural dramamine. I hate the way the original makes me feel complacent. I notice when I take the original whoever I'm with will ask me what I feel like doing and my typical response is a shrug of the shoulders. It's like I can take or leave everything and it sucks my excitement away. The natural version had no side effects at all! Take it from me, there's nothing worse than being all excited for your trip only to have an over the counter drug make you complacent about everything you do. ugh!

just returned home from our first trip and we LOVED Gringotts. We rode 4 or 5 times over 4 days. The best ride was in the back row of the 2nd car. Made the drop much farther and faster!!

I would get the Natural dramamine. I hate the way the original makes me feel complacent. I notice when I take the original whoever I'm with will ask me what I feel like doing and my typical response is a shrug of the shoulders. It's like I can take or leave everything and it sucks my excitement away. The natural version had no side effects at all! Take it from me, there's nothing worse than being all excited for your trip only to have an over the counter drug make you complacent about everything you do. ugh!

Natural Dramamine does not help my motion sickness at all. I agree that it is important to try all these things at home to see how they impact you individually.

Also, I've actually timed the roller coaster bits up to about 6-7 seconds in timing and aren't that intense. So, to me I feel it's perfect for anyone wanting to get a taste of a roller coaster experience, or people who feel as if they cannot handle them.

THANK YOU. I really want to ride this, but do NOT do drops of any kind. They really upset my stomach and while I knew I wanted to ride everything in HP I've been nervous this one was going to be too much for me. You can only tell so much from the POV videos.

Natural Dramamine does not help my motion sickness at all. I agree that it is important to try all these things at home to see how they impact you individually.
Aww man! Have you tried the Sea Bands? I wear those as well as back up lol. I used to be able to ride anything all day long and the older I get the more I'm starting to realize that everything is changing and I hate it! Try riding Forbidden Journey twice in a row....we got stuck on it one time and they let us go again and every last one of us got spun out. ugh it's the pits so I feel your pain! Hope you find something that works and doesn't make you feel groggy so that you can enjoy yourself and not have to worry!

Aww man! Have you tried the Sea Bands? I wear those as well as back up lol. I used to be able to ride anything all day long and the older I get the more I'm starting to realize that everything is changing and I hate it! Try riding Forbidden Journey twice in a row....we got stuck on it one time and they let us go again and every last one of us got spun out. ugh it's the pits so I feel your pain! Hope you find something that works and doesn't make you feel groggy so that you can enjoy yourself and not have to worry!

Sea Bands do nothing either. The only thing that works well is the Bonine. I only need half a tablet, so it doesn't make me groggy. Funny how the same meds work differently on different people. I guess it all depends on the reason for the nausea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!