Any benefit to buying AP's before your trip?

CJK

DIS Veteran
I'm wonder if there's any reason to buy AP's before our trip. We are using the at par deal at your hotel so we wouldn't need our AP's for checking in. Any thoughts?

We always have APs when we go. I purchase the vouchers here at the Disney Store before I go because I like to split up the expense of the trip. Usually I can get the passes paid off of the credit card before we put the rest of the trip on it. Also the exchange rate doesn't fluctuate. You may win or lose depending on the day you buy them in Florida. Phone the Disney Store and find out the price. Do the conversion and see if it's worth your while.
Hope this helps.

Susan

It seemed cheaper to us also to buy them in Canada. If you do buy them at the Disney Store, it takes about a week for them to order the vouchers. I think it was 6 days last year from order date to arrival. We exchanged the vouchers at MGM with no problems.

Thanks for the info. I think we should consider buying them here then. Our closest Disney Store is an hour away so can I just drive there one day to buy them or do I need to phone ahead so they can order them for me? Not sure how it works. Thanks again!

You could probably call ahead to order them, I went in person after calling to make sure they sold them. Actually, once I got to the store the staff tried to insist that they didn't even sell APs but I explained that I had called; she checked their binder and sure enough they do sell them! Make sure to get your Disney Club discount if you're eligible. They never even asked to see my membership card.:D

I'm sure I read somewhere that if we purchase in Canada we don't pay their (Florida's) Sale Tax of 6%.
This was supposed to be an advantage so I guess that means we're not paying our 15%! LOL!

I haven't compared rates myself yet so please be sure to check this.

That is correct, you don't pay the 15% or the Florida 6%. We bought ours last year before our trip did well on the exchange as they based the Canadian price on a certain exchange rate and the CDN $ had dropped again so we saved even more money . The other benefit to getting them early is you might beat a price increase.

I just called Square One Disney Store. Prices include all taxes and exchange for today.

AP Adult $536.41
AP Child $456.49

7DHP Adult $471.89 ($64.52 difference)
7DHP Child $379.67 ($76.82 difference)

I think you save about $20 per ticket if you are a Disney Club member. DM said allow about 3-4 weeks for the AP and they have Hopper Plusses in store.

I am thinking about these tickets too. My thing is we like the water parks and the hoppers have 4 plusses ( have one plus left on old tickets). We would spread the hoppers over two trips, probably 3 park days/3 pluses first trip and 4 park days/2 pluses second trip. The nice thing about hoppers is I'm not committed to going within a year of purchasing the AP's. I'd love to go annually, but the planning and anticipation is half my fun and planning trip bi-annually sounds great to me right now. I also want beach time too. So much to think about! S

More price info:

USF Prices (according to Mousesavers ~ taxes included)

AP Adult $369.94 USF
AP Child $314.82 USF

7DHP Adult $325.44 USF
7DHP Child $261.84 USF

Disney Store, Square One Price CDN

AP Adult $536.41 CDN
AP Child $456.49 CDN

7DHP Adult $471.89 CDN
7DHP Child $379.67 CDN

They seem to use a 1.45 exchange rate, when I do calculations I do 1.60 ~ buying any tickets at DS in Canada is a huge savings!

For me to buy 7DHP for my family next trip would total:

IN WDW: $1879.30 CDN

Disney Store in Sqaure One: $1703.12 CDN

THAT SAVES US $176.18!!!!!!!! That pays for Cindy's breakky and the new Breakky at Norway! S

Wow! Thanks for the info! We're going to phone Square One tomorrow to order our AP's!!!! I just hope the exchange rate will be the same! Thanks a bunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter