Any chance Splash Mountain will close again in January?

A CM whom I spoke to last week in the Splash Mountain gift shop said that Splash would be down for 6 months starting in January.

So if it is only down for a month in January that is better than the 6 month refurb time than i was told.
6 months would be incredibly extensive and highly unlikely.

Good lord. I know it sounds dramatic, but I would probably change my trip dates if this happened to me. Splash is by far my favorite ride at WDW. Please don't extend this through March, Disney!! ;)

Well I’m not going let it ruin my trip.

It is, however, very frustrating trying to plan and Disney changes things long after those plans cannot be changed.

I know I’m way more upset and angry over this than I should be but man, this just stinks. Especially since we all had our hearts set on riding it. Just a total punch to the gut.

Believe me, I feel your pain!

I'm gonna be going down late February/early March... I swear if this refurb gets extended and I can't ride it for a second trip in a row... Disney is gonna get a strongly worded letter.

I'm gonna be going down late February/early March... I swear if this refurb gets extended and I can't ride it for a second trip in a row... Disney is gonna get a strongly worded letter.

Me too! I was just there in late September and it was down. My trip is first week of February, I really hope it'll be open.

It will probably be late 2019 before I get to go back, so this was my only chance for a long while. :guilty:

Oh, man, that's our first day. Splash is one of my favorites. I rode it in 42 degree weather last January!

Bummer! We were just there in September, and my saving grace to it being down was the fact that I will be back in January. Guess now I just need to schedule another trip.

Just update your signature when you schedule another trip so I'll know when Splash will be down again.
HA! Our last two trips were during Matthew and Irma. Now I also have the curse of the Splash Refurb. Maybe life is trying to tell me to stay away from WDW?

We're going late February and early March as well. Taking our 9 yo niece for her first trip to Disney. Splash is definitely one of our favorites because of the story and the picture that we get to take. It better be done before DAH for March 1!

We're going late February and early March as well. Taking our 9 yo niece for her first trip to Disney. Splash is definitely one of our favorites because of the story and the picture that we get to take. It better be done before DAH for March 1!

+1!
Going early March with my mother, her first and last trip, and we really looking forward to ride it. It's so lovely themed and besides probably the only "thrill" ride she will do without talking her around. Indeed I hope that after riding it and she sees the immense theming and the story for herself, it's much easier to get her to my favorites ToT or EE, as she would more likely rate the theming over the fear of thrill factor after riding Splash for herself and loving it.
It has to be open in the first two weeks of march. *fingers crossed*

When they take this much time to refurb, do they normally paint and spruce up the inside or is it mostly exterior paint and repair? I know the ride system itself gets a lot of attention but curious about the scenes

TRACK IT DOOOOOWN! Ugh, I gotta December trip and I need some Splash Mountain! (haven't gotten to do it for a couple years now)

I hope this is wrong. I haven't ridden Splash in 21 years (October 1996). I was too tired after a full day at Epcot/AK and a half day at MK to wait for my 6 PM FP+ on my first trip back in August. I considered going after work the Friday before it closed for Refurbishment, but they scheduled MNSSHP (IN AUGUST!!!) for that night and I only had a Weekday Select Pass at the time, so no weekends :( Hopefully, there will be enough time between reopening and the December Blockout dates for me to get there before it closes again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts