Any changes to the med cruise

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
We're supposed to leave on the magic out of Barcelona in 3weeks. I'm not trying to act like nothing happened in Spain yesterday my thoughts and prayers are with those innocent people but just wondering for those that are on the sailing that leaves tomorrow sat the 19 are there any changes from Disney. Except for more security are you still leaving out of Barcelona. Thanks all. Just wondering how things will work.

As you're booked on the cruise you would be one of the first to know.
At the moment they're saying they're monitoring the situation and to allow more time for security at airports and the ports.
I doubt they'd change it, right now Barcelona is probably one of the safest ports as everyone is going to be on top of everything!

As you're booked on the cruise you would be one of the first to know.
At the moment they're saying they're monitoring the situation and to allow more time for security at airports and the ports.
I doubt they'd change it, right now Barcelona is probably one of the safest ports as everyone is going to be on top of everything!

Exactly!

Not to be morbid, but just like how it is generally safest to fly just after a crash, it is likely to be safest in an area just affected by a terrorist attack because everyone is hyper aware of everything.

There is so much to do and see in that very beautiful and unique city, I hope cruisers have safe access to all of it soon. Such a sad situation.

Due to the recent terror attack in Barcelona, Disney Cruise Line has begun contacting passengers set to board the Disney Magic there on Saturday, August 19th.

Currently, the sailing is scheduled to depart as planned, but Disney Cruise Line is continuing to monitor the situation and advised that the safety of their guests and crew is their first concern.

Due to increased security at the airport, in the port, and throughout the city, Disney Cruise Line has suggested that guests should give themselves extra travel time.

Any guests needing assistance should contact their travel agent or Disney Cruise Line at 855-633-2784 (in the U.S.) or 00-800-871-90466 (in Barcelona).

We got back about a week ago and missed it thank god as we stayed 2 nights on Ramblas. In general all of Europe is on high alert. Paris had a real big security force at all bridges and attractions. Barcelona airport was very easy to get out of and back to. I know it sucks but if it was me I would just charge ahead. The one area that could be a hiccup would be security at the airport on your return flight. I would make sure you have enough time and if it is tight call the airline to reschedule. I think if you follow the cruise guidelines of 1130 you will be ok

To echo @Dug720, not to be morbid, but when DH and I were discussing our upcoming WBTA and our stay in Barcelona (we're spending 5 days before the cruise) that we would of course be vigilant but given everything that just occurred, we're likely safer. We are just horrified by everything that has happened in what looks like such a beautiful city. Our prayers to all who have been touched by this senseless violence and with those who are/will be traveling soon.

thanks for all the great replies Im starting to feel a little more at ease--

our flight back isnt until 345pm so well have plenty of time at the airport --also we have disney transfers so we should get there nice and early

thanks again and it sounds like some of you might be on our cruise--safe trips to all

take care

There is no way DCL is going to cancel. They will lose millions and a lot of people will lose a lot of dollars. Life must go on.

Well,considering that you can go to Virginia and face the same fate, I'm not sure it matters if you go to Spain.

It's awful no matter where it happens but we aren't 100% protected from terrorists here in the US either.

We just got back from several countries in Europe, and were in Paris on Bastille day. There was a large police presence everywhere we went.

I agree I doubt Disney will change anything, other than making sure passengers are kept informed of security measures.

Enjoy your trip. For every evil person in Europe there's about 900,000 good people. We met many wonderful people.

thanks so much janicebubble for the great post--that really helped settled the nerves--

glad to hear your family is on the ship enjoying there cruise--hope they have a wonderful time and safe trip home

we will also be arriving the day before the cruise--we leave Chicago at 1030pm and arrive in Barcelona at 140 pm then one night at the hotel then off to the cruise-- cant wait now--

where was your family coming from

how was security--
sorry about all the questions and uncertainy it just hits hard when you hear of all the deadly actions of certain groups just when you have just weeks to go before you are in that city--prayers for the victins and there families

thanks again

thanks so much janicebubble for the great post--that really helped settled the nerves--

glad to hear your family is on the ship enjoying there cruise--hope they have a wonderful time and safe trip home

we will also be arriving the day before the cruise--we leave Chicago at 1030pm and arrive in Barcelona at 140 pm then one night at the hotel then off to the cruise-- cant wait now--

where was your family coming from

how was security--
sorry about all the questions and uncertainy it just hits hard when you hear of all the deadly actions of certain groups just when you have just weeks to go before you are in that city--prayers for the victins and there families

thanks again

I've not heard from them since a picture onboard at lunch time. They were flying from the UK, but still have to do passport control and customs. They said Barcelona was somber today understandably. When they get back I'll check how embarkation was and if it differed from previous cruises.

Dznypal, we are on the same cruise. I can hardly wait to go and see that beautiful city a few days before and staying on a day after our cruise. Unfortunately, the only thing I'm worried about is the scheduled 24 hr strike at the airport the day we leave (17th). We will have to get to the airport 5 hours ahead of time from what we've been told (flying BA)

Oh great I haven't heard of any strike. We leave to come back on the 16 and haven't been notified of anything. We're on AA though and don't leave until 345pm so we'll be at the airport hrs before anyways. Have you ever been on BA we were 2 years ago and loved it. Got upgraded so we had those little compartments what a wonderful way to fly. Have a great and safe trip. Maybe we'll meet up on the magic. Thanks for the update

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter