Any DIS Board Gamers on board?

I've been playing the battlestar galactica board game along with marvel Champions
BSG -- still one of my top five all time board gaming experiences.
I've played Marvel Champions a few times recently, and I like it the more I get to play it. It plays fast, it can be pretty challenging, and the decks feel thematic.

Nice to see tabletop gamers around!!!!

BSG is amazing of course, but if you like deck-builders, Marvel Legendary is excellent (own way more expansions for it than I should). If you like social deduction games (Resistance, Werewolf), Hail Hydra is quite good as well.

Last edited:

BSG -- still one of my top five all time board gaming experiences.
I've played Marvel Champions a few times recently, and I like it the more I get to play it. It plays fast, it can be pretty challenging, and the decks feel thematic.

This is only my second playthrough of bsg. But its becoming a favorite. My trouble is finding people local that like board games.

This is only my second playthrough of bsg. But its becoming a favorite. My trouble is finding people local that like board games.
That can be tough! I always recommend people start out with groups like Meetup, or search Facebook groups for gamers in their area. (Here in Louisiana, we have a FB group called "Louisiana Board Gamers" that helps get the word out about game night). If you have a friendly local game store, they usually have or are willing to host a game night. And of course, at some point, everybody goes to the big board gaming sites.

Nice to see tabletop gamers around!!!!

BSG is amazing of course, but if you like deck-builders, Marvel Legendary is excellent (own way more expansions for it than I should). If you like social deduction games (Resistance, Werewolf), Hail Hydra is quite good as well.

There are apparently a lot of board gamers on the site! If we are talking favorite deck builders, I'll throw in a plug for Baseball Highlights: 2045 or Clank! my two favorites!

I like games but I don't have a group to really play with. Only one other friend is really into it and getting others to play is a challenge. I'd play Villainous for sure and also want The Jungle Cruise game, but then I know they will sit in the closet and collect dust. There is one other friend who is sometimes up to play, but he's the type who needs to have discovered the game. My comic book shop used to have game nights, though not now because of COVID, but even then my issue was that everyone always wanted to play the newest game - there was never time to really learn anything. Anyway, I definitely would be if I could get a group that was into it.

Hey, so I finally got to play a game of Disney's Hocus Pocus Card Game. I love the cat meeple (although the power I thought should have been toned down a bit). My wife loved our first play, even though we lost on the very last turn to the diabolical Winifred the witch. I'm more on the fence but willing to give it another shot.

Anybody else play Hocus Pocus? Is it too easy? Too hard? Is it interesting and fun?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter