Any first hand reports of Photo Pass box with Tink?

Are you there now or still a bit away?

For others that have used it recently; do you think it's 'worth' (I know it's subjective) the $170-200 cost?

We were thinking of getting photopass (we've done it every previous trip), but these, and other comments have made me rethink it.

My thought against are two fold; First the boxes and then, secondly, the report that there are fewer wandering photographers... some of our best cast-member interactions have been with the photographers.
After being here a week, I think memory Maker would still be worth it to me. They have more photopass people in the water parks than they used to and I've had no problems finding them in the parks.

I also haven't had to deal with the box at any meets. I've avoided Tinkerbell. Anna and Elsa had a box but it wasn't in use. Didn't do the launch bay meets.

After being here a week, I think memory Maker would still be worth it to me. They have more photopass people in the water parks than they used to and I've had no problems finding them in the parks.

I also haven't had to deal with the box at any meets. I've avoided Tinkerbell. Anna and Elsa had a box but it wasn't in use. Didn't do the launch bay meets.

Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it.

Are you there now or still a bit away?

For others that have used it recently; do you think it's 'worth' (I know it's subjective) the $170-200 cost?

We were thinking of getting photopass (we've done it every previous trip), but these, and other comments have made me rethink it.

My thought against are two fold; First the boxes and then, secondly, the report that there are fewer wandering photographers... some of our best cast-member interactions have been with the photographers.

My son and I were there in June. I paid $169 for Memory Maker. We had 321 pictures!! So yes, for us it was VERY much worth it. We NEVER had to search for photographers. We got pictures in front of all the icons...Cinderella's Castle, Spaceship Earth, and the Tree of Life. We had 2 magic photos done without even asking. As far as the photobox with Tink, I was worried too. Guess what...we visited Tink twice and got GREAT pics both times! And she actually did move around when talking and interacting with my son and me.

How did you get your pics to upload? Every time I try, it tells me the photos are too big. I went to Shutterfly to crop it...still too big.
I could only get those 2, I had several others I tried to upload that were too big...I chalk it up to the size of that precise file was small enough.

Anyone have photos taken with Mickey, Minnie and “the box” yet at MK? I saw reports of the automated camera being used this week but no other mention of how well or poorly the experience turned out.

Anyone have photos taken with Mickey, Minnie and “the box” yet at MK? I saw reports of the automated camera being used this week but no other mention of how well or poorly the experience turned out.

I just read about this new change. How disappointing! For anyone else trying to stay in the Know here's a link to the article which was posted on September 12, 2019:

Automated Cameras Installed at Mickey and Minnie Meet and Greet at Town Square in Magic Kingdom

LINK

I'm interested in any photos as well. Please DISer's post your pictures and give us your reviews. Thank you!

There was a big thread about it on a different group I'm in. Many negative reviews. And not great pictures. There were some good experiences, too, but mostly negative.

How long did it take your pics to show up? A friend of mine went last week, it's been several days and the Tink photos still haven't shown up.

If photos haven't downloaded to my account in 24 hours or so, I send a Missing Photos email using the link on the PhotoPass website. The CMs have been very good about finding the missing ones - except when the system was down at the time we rode an attraction, meaning the photos weren't taken at all.

I'd be interested in photo pass sales numbers since smart phone cameras became pretty darn good(to really good with the iPhone X) as well as sales numbers with the younger generations used to taking selfies. This may be a case of market driven changes and not Disney boosting profits. After all, Kodak is pretty well gone as is the local photo processor.

I think they are supposed to go into all the fixed indoor meets
Town Square (Mickey/tink)
Launch Bay
Anna and Elsa
Have been confirmed

Our pictures with Kylo Ren and Chewie from the box were a mixed bag and I blame it on the lack of a human knowing where to focus at times. The worst of them won't upload unfortunately...
View attachment 427755View attachment 427756
So how many pictures does the box take you think? I wouldn't have an issue with this if it just takes a ton of pictures .. or if it simply takes a video where you can capture stills from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!