Any happy hours at monorail resorts.

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by Dano1182, Mar 10, 2018.

1. DduzDis

DduzDis Mouseketeer

I went there specifically to get some of the glasses. I can tell you that Uh-Oah drink has a ton of alcohol (especially after the Rum flight). Lol. I was more bummed that the 3 Rum glasses did not come with the surfboard.

2. Matty B13

Matty B13 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

We there right after a lot of the renovations to trader sams and the pools were done, so Trader Sams didn’t have any of the souvenir mugs in stock at the time. In fact, I think they had the soft opening a few days before we arrived at the Poly.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. kboo

kboo DIS Veteran

It was late in the evening, and I specifically asked for a drink that had LESS alcohol! (The mai tai) LOL.

5. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

I've never seen a resort have a happy hour. Bluezoo used to have one (not a Disney resort) and there may be a few at Disney Springs. I remember Jock Lindsey's having one. But on the monorail, no.

Nautilus is $30 without the mug and something like $50 with it.

gillep likes this.
  6. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

So did you pay $29?

Fwiw I’ve seen people happily enjoying and sharing the nautilus. They enjoyed it and felt it was worth it, though they also said they were doing it for the vessel itself.

Exactly. Menu I just looked at online says $55 including the vessel. (I can’t call it a mug or cup since it’s so big)

gillep likes this.
  7. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

To each their own, we enjoyed our Nautilus, I brought the vessel home and it is hanging out on my mantel along with my hitchhiking ghost mugs. I even put a bow on it and filled it with ornaments while I was decorating for Christmas, and everyone got a kick out of it. I frequently pay ~ $15 per drink for specialty cocktails at some of the more interesting bars around here, so the WDW prices don't bother me.

8. MakiraMarlena

MakiraMarlena It's a big black fish to you

I'm in for a Nautilus this weekend. I want the wood grain look one. The drink is supposed to be shared so if I have to drink it all myself, I can just stagger back to my room since I'm staying there.

9. Bronte

Bronte DIS Veteran

I really would like the hitchhiker's mug ... I know it comes out around Halloween and it sells out FAST !!!
    Any suggestions on which night to go and when to get in line ????

10. Dano1182

Dano1182 DIS Veteran

Is the nautilus basicly two regular sized drinks in a large "vessel" or is it more than that?

11. wnielsen1

wnielsen1 Mouseketeer

Any hour you spend in a monorail resort is a happy hour.

rkstocke5609 likes this.