Any idea on when the remaining Candlelight Processional Narrators will be announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
We would really like to know the narrators for the missing dates of Dec 8 - 12. Soon it will be time to make our FP's at 60 days out, and this information could affect which parks we plan to be in. We might go once or twice depending on the narrators.

Does anyone know the latest that Disney announced the narrators?

Thanks for the help!

We would really like to know the narrators for the missing dates of Dec 8 - 12. Soon it will be time to make our FP's at 60 days out, and this information could affect which parks we plan to be in. We might go once or twice depending on the narrators.

Thanks for the help!
We're playing the same waiting game, but for later dates. I think I recall the same thing happened last year, where we had to make a decision before we knew who all of the narrators would be, and it actually worked out fine even though there was a last minute switch -- Edward James Olmos had to back out because his mother died, and Joey Fatone was his replacement. We were initially disappointed because we're too old to be into 90s boy bands lol, but he actually did an absolutely incredible job, and we came away huge fans of his. He clearly has a true love of Disney, and just seemed so incredibly grateful and joyous to have the opportunity to be a part of the CP that it was actually rather moving. If memory serves, he told a story about how his dad had been a part of the CP as a CM, and H and I got a little choked up when he spoke about his family and how much it meant for him to be there...and his family was all there to support him! It was really nice to see a celebrity who really seemed to understand and be grateful for how fortunate they had been in life.:). Anyway, I digress! I'm trying to remind myself of how well it ended up working out last year, and convince myself to worry less about who the narrator will be, because more than likely whoever it is will do an amazing job. :)

Thanks for the help!
Every year...
They can change all the way up until about a week or two out.

(And, that includes some who find they have last-minute conflicts and must bow out.)

Two years ago it was about a month before for our dates. We got Jodi Benson. They have to sign someone.

two years ago it was about a month out and we got Neil Patrick Harris...well actually we switched a few things around so we got Neil Patrick Harris :rolleyes1

I have been to the CP many, many times and only had one narrator I didn’t care for. Sometimes I knew in advance who it would be, and sometimes I just booked the night that worked out best for me schedule-wise. If it gets down to the wire for booking FP, I would just plan on doing CP whatever day it works best for you to be in Epcot. Even the narrators announced in advance can change . . .

I'll be seeing Neil Patrick Harris this time! Wanted to see Whoopi, but will be at MVMCP that night.

I have never done this before, do you make reservations or FP for this ?

There are no FPs for the Candlelight Processional, but there are "Dining Packages" available to book that give you guaranteed seating vouchers and a separate entrance to the show. The alternative is the regular/standby line, which can get quite lengthy depending on the narrator.

There are more details involved, but best to start here for more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/candlelight-dinner-packages/

Also a great thread over on the Restaurants board with more info and discussion: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ht-processional-dining-packages-info.3750362/

Thanks for the help!
We are going at the same time. Right now we are going to see Gary Sinese on Dec. 14 with a dining package, but we have some built-in flexibility in case we have someone else that we would like to see on December 10. Hope it comes out before our FastPass date.

I'll be seeing Neil Patrick Harris this time! Wanted to see Whoopi, but will be at MVMCP that night.

We're seeing him too! I was funny, we were saying wouldn't it be great to see NPH and later the same day the schedule came out and it was him! I saw Whoppi 3 or 4 years ago, she was good.

We're seeing him too! I was funny, we were saying wouldn't it be great to see NPH and later the same day the schedule came out and it was him! I saw Whoppi 3 or 4 years ago, she was good.

I'm a fan of NPH--so i was definitely very excited--i saw him with his kids and husband on Test Track earlier in the day and had a fan girl moment..everyone was complaining because the ride shut down and all of a sudden i see him whiz past us in the loading area!

But i enjoyed his narration very much!

We are going at the same time. Right now we are going to see Gary Sinese on Dec. 14 with a dining package, but we have some built-in flexibility in case we have someone else that we would like to see on December 10. Hope it comes out before our FastPass date.
We saw Gary Sinese last year, and he was amazing! Definitely my favorite CP!

There are no FPs for the Candlelight Processional, but there are "Dining Packages" available to book that give you guaranteed seating vouchers and a separate entrance to the show. The alternative is the regular/standby line, which can get quite lengthy depending on the narrator.

There are more details involved, but best to start here for more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/candlelight-dinner-packages/

Also a great thread over on the Restaurants board with more info and discussion: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...ht-processional-dining-packages-info.3750362/
Thank you, I have seen people standing in line before but we haven’t done this, maybe this year.

More narrators just announced:
Ming-Na Wen - 11/29-12/1
Isabella Rossellini - 12/8-12/10
Marlee Matlin - 12/27-12/28

Thanks for updating. Isabella Rossellini added during my week. We’ve seen the show several times, including with Kurt Russell twice, once in WDW & a few years earlier in DL. Unless the 11-12 th end with with someone special, we’ll pass this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter