• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any ideas where to have a romantic lunch outside of the Parks?

yfraser

Earning My Ears
We have a Saturday afternoon to ourselves in December... and we have planned to stay out of the parks. As we have never been to WDW, we were wondering if you have any recommendations for a nice romantic lunch for just the two of us?

Thank you so much... once again...

By outside of the parks did you mean DTD and/or the resorts?
Or did you mean offsite?

Unforunately, most of the resorts fine dining restaurants are open for dinner only.

DTD has a few restaurants open for lunch but I don't find them romantic.

The Grand Floridian Cafe and Kona at the Polynesian are both nice, quiet spots for lunch with excellent food. At either you could walk around the beautiful grounds after lunch. Or walk from one to the other along the lake. Or take a spin on the monorail. Or do all of the above.:D

Oh, and you could enjoy a nice boat ride on the launches that make a MK, GF, Polynesian circuit.:boat:

could you make it a really early dinner instead (like 4:30-5) if you don't have dinner plans later? then maybe some of the nicer places would be open.

It's not at all fancy... but we've enjoyed many lunches at the "Sandtrap Bar & Grill" - the clubhouse for the Osprey Ridge & Eagle Pines golf courses.

It's usually pretty quiet and, if the weather is good, you can sit outside (under cover) and over look a pond with water fountain and the golf course.

We've had many quiet meals there! There are rarely any children in the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter