Any news on Pool Hopping over Labor Day?

Cinderelli

DIS Veteran
We'll be leaving in 11 days (woo hoo!) for 2 nites at FW and 3 nites at OKW. We hoping to pool hop to SAB on Sunday (9/2). I checked the members website a few weeks ago and it mentioned nothing about Pool Hopping being restricted over Labor Day weekend, although it already had the restrictions posted for the year-end holidays.

I am assuming it will be allowed. Do you think this is a correct assumption? I will definitely ask when we arrive, but wanted to be able to get psyched up about it before hand.

I Wouldn't Count on it!
My family and I were staying at the BWV in late June/early July. On Friday, 06/29-still five days prior to the fourth- we had palnned a pool day in our itinerary. We had a Cb over at the Cape May Cafe and thought we would spend the morning over at Storm-a-Long Bay. Well, we guessed wrong. The attendants at the pool entrances were armed with a letter from management stating that pool hopping was suspended through the 9th of July because of the holiday. Now it was 10:00am in the morning with no one in the pool, but admission was DENIED.
Therefore, in utlizing the above scenario for Labor Day Weekend, you probably wil be out of luck. But have a great trip.

I would assume hopping will be OK. Labor Day weekend is usually not that busy.

The excluded dates from late Jun until July 9th were publicized in advance and were provided at the DVC resorts.

As always, make sure you call the resort of the pool you are hopping to check on availability BEFORE you go over. That way you'll avoid any surprises.

Enjoy!

I agree with Swamp Fox and think pool hopping will be allowed over Labor Day. If Disney expected that weekend to be very busy, I think DVC would already have posted the planned restriction on the member's site. We did get notice for this past July 4 and as you know, restrictions for Thanksgiving and Christmas are already posted.

labor day was not as bad as you would think. We will be there this labor day weekend as well, and my dd plans on doing the slide at SAB. So, if we go down...we go down together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter