Any of you AFOL (Adult Fans of LEGO)?

Ours is constructed and sitting on the dining room table. :) I hope they come out with more Disney items!

If so, the LEGO Disney Castle is back in stock. Just ordered mine a minute ago.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Disney-Castle-71040

Thought I'd share with my runner buddies, rather than the forums at large.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm working on my Tower Bridge right now, waiting for the castle to restock.

Update: Got mine ordered! I plan to take my Lego buildings (Green Grocer, Parisian Restaurant, etc) and make my own Main Street USA complete with character meet n greet lines.

Last edited:
Update: Got mine ordered! I plan to take my Lego buildings (Green Grocer, Parisian Restaurant, etc) and make my own Main Street USA complete with character meet n greet lines.

Great idea! I need to go take stock with that in mind. The Palace Cinema would look great too. I also have a Buzz Lightyear and Toy soldiers with jeep to add to the mix. Sorry to clutter up the WISH/Running forum with LEGO talk.

Let me rephrase my reply: I need to run down to the LEGO room and take stock for a scene of the Disney Marathon going down Main Street!

My brother-in-law's office is basically every advanced lego star wars and transformers set imaginable. I want to convert him to a Disney person so bad (hello, star wars lands!) so I can get him to make this castle, so I can visit it when I visit him. Since that thing would be destroyed in 2 minutes by my 4 year old. Maybe I should just get one and hide it for like 5 years :)

My brother-in-law's office is basically every advanced lego star wars and transformers set imaginable. I want to convert him to a Disney person so bad (hello, star wars lands!) so I can get him to make this castle, so I can visit it when I visit him. Since that thing would be destroyed in 2 minutes by my 4 year old. Maybe I should just get one and hide it for like 5 years :)

I don't have a photo of my death star and am not currently at home so I'm just posting a photo I found:
deathstar-625x352.jpg

Needless to say, it gets destroyed whenever my nieces and nephews are over as I look on with a smile that barely conceals the abject horror going on in my head about how much time it is going to take me to reconstruct and carefully cataloging in my mind which pieces have come apart and how and in what order they will need to go back together.

All this is to say, yes, I cheer for the bad guys when watching the Lego Movie.

opusone, Looks Great! Got those cars and buses on the correct side of the road?

Thanks! Yes, my daughter and I discussed the car directions, so they are on the "correct" side of the road for the proper location of the bridge. However, I told her that when she starts driving, she shouldn't be thinking back on the Tower Bridge setup. :)

The idea of painstakingly gluing all of that together sounds so much worse than rebuilding a few times. :-) I've always planned on doing a full tear down and rebuild at some point as well.
I have a friend who built one of the monster sets (Taj Mahal). After having it destroyed 3 times by his nephews, requiring almost a complete rebuild each time, he took it completely apart and started from scratch, using a tiny drop of super glue at each join. No more problems with it being destroyed. It looks amazing.

As for me doing this - my wife would have a small fit if I spent hundreds of dollars on this.

That castle looks great. I tried getting the Disney blind bags but only found them in stock twice, but I did get my two must have Ursala and maleficent among a few of the others. I hope they do more sets as well.

I have all the lord of the ring sets (though I have yet to build orthanc trying to find a good place for it) and the monster fighter line. The haunted house so far is the funnest, and holds up pretty well when my nephews play with it.

That castle looks great. I tried getting the Disney blind bags but only found them in stock twice, but I did get my two must have Ursala and maleficent among a few of the others. I hope they do more sets as well.

I have all the lord of the ring sets (though I have yet to build orthanc trying to find a good place for it) and the monster fighter line. The haunted house so far is the funnest, and holds up pretty well when my nephews play with it.

One thing I learned with these blind bags. There are small divot like codes on the back of the bag on the bottom that tell you whats inside. Even knowing them, it is difficult to figure them out because they are hard to see, but it saved me a good bit of money in doubles. There are websites that have them all done on a chart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!