Any one gone to WDW in late January Early February?

waydownunder

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if you found it warm enough for water park and swimming in resort pool? Just wondering if it worth adding waterpark when I buy our parkhopper tickets. Thanks

Could be cold or up to a max of 28deg. Average around 22 deg. If it was me and you wanted to do waterparks in January I would buy the 1 or 2 days as an extra.

Thanks 22 ish degrees would work for us as we are minus temperatures in winter so I think we would be ok at 22 for waterpark. we have done lower temps than that at wet n wild on the Gold Coast. :thanks:

When we stayed from about 5 Jan for 12 nights, most days were really lovely temps for touring in the parks and I was in jeans & a T-shirt. Our girls swam in the hotel pool a couple of times but it was not hot enough for me to want to swim. We'd done & had a great time at the water parks on our previous WDW trip which was in an October and the weather was certainly hot enough for swimming. However that made me know how much time we stood waiting in line for some of the water parks rides and so, when we were there in Jan, I knew the air temps would mean it would not be all that pleasant to stand around waiting in our wet togs to get on a ride. So we didn't do the water park (one is always closed for maintenance each winter) on that trip.

I was there first week of Feb in 2018 and last week of Jan (into Feb) this year. In 2018 it was hot, shorts and tees, swimming. This year it was freezing. We were in hoodies and pants!

Usually around end of oct blizzard beach closes and only Typhoon Lagoon is open until they’re both open early in the yr. I can’t recall when that is if after your trip timeframe. So if adding fun option and not using it for other activities such as miniature golf, that could be a downer to have BB closed.

But I know the fun option is pretty cheap relatively now because more ppl want park hopper and guests aren’t buying the fun option as much.

The water at TL and pools are heated to at least 70 deg F. We’re going Sat 11/30 to typhoon but on a single ticket only because it’s a bit cooler and we’re not all huge into the water parks. This trip is more for Star Wars / Christmas festivities.

I love Typhoon. Even if going on crush n gusher few times... who am I kidding, I’ve never not ridden it less than 10+ times in a row. But just napping on lazy river is nice or lounging on the beach by the wave pool.

Some Jan feb - such as 2016, a warm winter, we were in T-shirts and shorts all day. But it can get cold early am if you like to rope drop rides. Think I’d consider doing it if big into water parks.

Usually around end of oct blizzard beach closes and only Typhoon Lagoon is open until they’re both open early in the yr. I can’t recall when that is if after your trip timeframe. So if adding fun option and not using it for other activities such as miniature golf, that could be a downer to have BB closed.

But I know the fun option is pretty cheap relatively now because more ppl want park hopper and guests aren’t buying the fun option as much.

The water at TL and pools are heated to at least 70 deg F. We’re going Sat 11/30 to typhoon but on a single ticket only because it’s a bit cooler and we’re not all huge into the water parks. This trip is more for Star Wars / Christmas festivities.

I love Typhoon. Even if going on crush n gusher few times... who am I kidding, I’ve never not ridden it less than 10+ times in a row. But just napping on lazy river is nice or lounging on the beach by the wave pool.

Some Jan feb - such as 2016, a warm winter, we were in T-shirts and shorts all day. But it can get cold early am if you like to rope drop rides. Think I’d consider doing it if big into water parks.

I think I will go ahead and add the fun option and we have 4 non park days so will be playing mini golf ect and I am Ok with only 1 waterpark being open. thanks so much for your input it was really helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!