Any other DCL nerds out there?

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
We are very obsessed before we leave on a DCL cruise. About a month befor, we watch the PC Webcam every Saturday to see the Fantasy leaving on “our trip”. Watch every You Tube video for our particular cruise, stateroom, port, Remy, Palo dining, etc. Make a budget sheet & envelopes for every expense, from pet sitter, to Hyatt room tips the night before, to transfer tips, airport parking fees, Apple air tags etc.Getting out our big suitcases & getting our “Disney clothes”, toiletries, & door magnets ready. What DCL nerdy things do you do?

dk

Good on you!

Not me, though. A different type of nerd. But also not a Type A personality. Still getting ready the morning of a flight (typically over-tired once at designation).

Not to say I don’t think about or explore aspects of cruising(in general) most days. Like being here often. If no one shares current stories/ experiences about DCL here, I might be out of the loop.

Daily watch Captain Kate (Celebrity) do Captain’s Log (short videos) - title reminds me of Star Trek. And am following a couple doing the World cruise on Royal. Not the vlogger who is trying to create drama. That cruise is showing me lots of interesting cruise excursions, to include 7 World Heritage Sites. Their visit to Recife, Brazil, was so interesting.

My mom always said planning was half the fun. She didn’t mention that remembering was nearly as much - making the few/several days just a drop in the fun bucket. Because that vacation us over too soon, but memories last until your mind doesn’t.

And I can’t win at Disney trivia - of any category.

We/I do almost all the same things (except the envelopes for budgeting). DH teases me for my obsession with watching port cameras close to a cruise!

We also review some of our DCL trivia facts. While we don't often win trivia, we have won the DCL specific trivia a few times! It's our favorite one!

I watch YouTube videos of the ship I'll be on and off the cruise itinerary that I'll be doing. I also re-read my battered old copy of The Unofficial Guide to Disney Cruise Line, create a packing list, make up laminated signs with our favourite characters to attach to our stateroom door, work out a rough budget and transfer funds into USD on my currency card. It's all part of the fun and builds up the excitement.

No, not a DCL nerd. Because of my decade’s long WDW history and being Platinum, the pre cruise anticipation and cruise magic disappeared a long time ago. It’s just a fun week away from home on a big ship. But I do pretty well at Disney parks trivia.

Oh, totally me! I actually was in Orlando the week before our Fantasy sailing last November. I actually drove to Port Canaveral (Jetty Park), just to see the Fantasy sail out knowing we would be on her the next time she sailed out. Pretty peak DCL nerd moment for me and I loved it!

Do I look at the marine traffic website to see the exact position the ship I'm going to be on next is? Yes. Yes, I do. Do I stalk port webcams to see it, and point out where my stateroom is when it's on camera during departure? Indeed I do.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter