Any Philly (or nearby areas) DisBoarders?

MeridAriel

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! I've spent my life in various areas of the south and Chicago, but in 2-3 weeks, I'll be moving to Philadelphia & would greatly appreciate any advice for places to visit, things to do/see...and would love to make some new friends :)

Hey! You'll have to reach out when you get settled! I live right outside of Southwest Philadelphia (near the airport) and work in Center City. If your into running, running in Fairmount park is beautiful and a great break.

Thank you! I had planned to see who in the group was in the area that might want to hang out :) (Although, I am not a runner-my old lady ballet knees and feet can't hack it...on top of my lungs don't like feeling like they're on fire hahaha)

I live about 2 hours from Philly in Harrisburg.

You have to make at least 1 trip to Hershey if possible.

One place Ive always wanted to visit down near Philly is a place called Longwood Gardens ( its in Kennet Square PA ) and is about a 45 min - 1 hour drive east of this city. Should come up easy on a google search for the website.

I live about 2 hours from Philly in Harrisburg.

You have to make at least 1 trip to Hershey if possible.

One place Ive always wanted to visit down near Philly is a place called Longwood Gardens ( its in Kennet Square PA ) and is about a 45 min - 1 hour drive east of this city. Should come up easy on a google search for the website.

Yes! It's absolutely beautiful!

Oooooh it looks beautiful! As for Hershey...we shall see haha. I'm not a fan of their business practices, but I'm sure my mom will demand we go whenever she visits :) Thank you!

My favorite thing about Hershey though is they have a small outlets shopping area which has the closets Disney Store to me. That and the chocolate is ok, mainly the Resse's Peanut Butter Cups.

I live across the river from Philly in South Jersey. Let me know once you get settled and maybe we could meet for coffee. For things to do, museums, parks, sporting events, and they have a great LGBT community. In addition, you are a short drive to the Poconos and to the beach.

Not quite Philly, but NY here. 2 hour drive from Philly. New to the boards and it would be nice to meet up with some people somewhat close to my age bracket (I'm 32/F) but not quite sure where to start, lol. If you plan on taking a trip into Manhattan, let me know :-)

I live across the river from Philly in South Jersey. Let me know once you get settled and maybe we could meet for coffee. For things to do, museums, parks, sporting events, and they have a great LGBT community. In addition, you are a short drive to the Poconos and to the beach.
Not quite Philly, but NY here. 2 hour drive from Philly. New to the boards and it would be nice to meet up with some people somewhat close to my age bracket (I'm 32/F) but not quite sure where to start, lol. If you plan on taking a trip into Manhattan, let me know :-)
That’s where I’m from! I’ll be back there tomorrow night!

Hey everyone! Sorry, have been a tad overwhelmed & preoccupied with unpacking, getting settled (my pup & my stuff didn't get here until a month after I did), staying in to help my dog settle in...
I think I'm mostly settled, for now (several boxes of my favorite stuff are still in Chicago...hmph).
I likely won't be in Manhattan (said pup means I can't flee very far) anytime soon, but in case you're ever near Philly...
If any of you would like to meet up sometime, please let me know :)

Welcome! I hope you're enjoying the city!!

I'm in Jersey, right across the bridge from Philly, and I'd love to meet up with you and any others. I also work in Old City, and could possibly do lunch.

Welcome! I hope you're enjoying the city!!

I'm in Jersey, right across the bridge from Philly, and I'd love to meet up with you and any others. I also work in Old City, and could possibly do lunch.
That would be great. To be completely honest, I'm struggling a bit with being homesick & not knowing anyone here yet, but I'm trying my best :)

Last edited:
That would be great. To be completely honest, I'm struggling a bit with being homesick & not know anyone here yet, but I'm trying my best :)
I completely understand! I lived in California for a few years and felt the exact same way. Feel free to PM me, and of course, my offer to meet up stands!

Hiya! I am located in the Lehigh Valley which is about 45 mins to an hour from Philly. LOVE the city! If you are adventurous...check out South Street.

Welcome to the area!

I live near Newark, DE, but in Maryland. I'm about 45 minutes from Philly.
Hiya! I am located in the Lehigh Valley which is about 45 mins to an hour from Philly. LOVE the city! If you are adventurous...check out South Street.
Howdy neighbor! Another Delawarean here, I live 30 minutes from Philly.

My tip: Come to Delaware for shopping, especially big things! We have no sales tax! :)
Thanks!
I'm not sure how long I'll be here, but I'm trying to see & experience what I can while I'm here :)
I'm always up for suggestions for new friends!

Is it too late to reply? I'm in the area as well. Jjuusstt outside of the city - Fort Washington area.
Almost, but not quite haha
I am likely leaving at the beginning of June. But I'm still trying to experience all the local stuff I can while I'm here :)
(That goes to the others posters in here, as well. Any additional "have to" experiences in the area, or if you'd like to meet up sometime soon.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!