Any reason to renew an annual pass if...

moticon

Earning My Ears
My wife and I purchased our first annual passes in December, 2017. We will use them for 4 trips before they expire again in December, 2018. In the 12 months following their expiration we will not likely go to WDW at all due to other travel commitments in 2019. Our next trip would likely be mid-December 2019.

Is there any reason to renew our annual pass? I'm assuming that if we didn't renew, we would simply purchase new annual passes for December 2019 and the trips we are planning in 2020...

Basically I want to be sure we aren't missing something important in how they work...

Thanks all -- pat

No. Why waste hundreds (up to over a thousand) for nothing?

My wife and I purchased our first annual passes in December, 2017. We will use them for 4 trips before they expire again in December, 2018. In the 12 months following their expiration we will not likely go to WDW at all due to other travel commitments in 2019. Our next trip would likely be mid-December 2019.

Is there any reason to renew our annual pass? I'm assuming that if we didn't renew, we would simply purchase new annual passes for December 2019 and the trips we are planning in 2020...

Basically I want to be sure we aren't missing something important in how they work...

Thanks all -- pat
@moticon - You might have better luck if you post this on another forum - maybe Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies, or even Disney Tips, or the Budget Board? Just a thought.

Thanks all -- pat
The discount on renewal is about 15%. So if you miss the first two months of the year you're breaking even and it's a wash just to pay regular price when you go next. If you're going to miss anymore than that in between trips, I would just say definitely wait and get a new pass when you go next. The only other benefit I can think of would be merchandise through the app. You still get your 20% discount. But you'd have to spend $5000 or more to get your money back on one pass through discounts.

Anyway, good to think through the options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter