Any recent experience with photo key at SW?

skylock

DIS Veteran
I am upgrading my AP and it comes with photo key.

I used it once before and was very disappointed but if it comes with my pass, I will give it another try.

Any info I have been able to find here and on the net is apparently way out dated, so I am just hoping someone has used it within the past year or so.

I've used PhotoKey for the last 17 months (had an Annual PhotoKey for the first 12, then received the free with AP one in Oct). While I typically use mine for the tours (as well as ride photos), I'm happy with it

What exactly is it used for? I just got it with my Gold AP but will probably not be doing any of the big rides this trip because it will be all about the little kids. I've honestly never seen people taking photos around the park like I have at WDW or Uni before.

In addition to ride pics, there are park photographers at the entrance each morning. They are in several locations, including in front of the Shamu on the wall, with the lighthouse in the background, and in front of the giant SeaWorld icon (among others). There is also a great photo station in Shark Encounter where you can get some great magic shots (with killer whales, "riding" Mako, under water with sharks, etc).

In addition to ride pics, there are park photographers at the entrance each morning. They are in several locations, including in front of the Shamu on the wall, with the lighthouse in the background, and in front of the giant SeaWorld icon (among others). There is also a great photo station in Shark Encounter where you can get some great magic shots (with killer whales, "riding" Mako, under water with sharks, etc).

Thanks. The last time we had the package, it was really hard to find photographers except the one when we went in. We did get some over by shamu and the ride photos. Other than that, I can't remember getting any. And it was not a cheap package. I was really not happy, but since it will come with my pass, I will make do this time and hope for better luck.

Not to hijack the thread but I was considering buying the photokey but I read somewhere that animal tours are not included in the photokey, I am going to SW for the first time this April with 5 yr old son and we are only doing shows and animal tours, I wanted to buy the photokey before the trip so I did not burn that much money while on the trip, I called sw and the customer service rep could not give me an answer if the animal photos are included.. does anyone have any insight as if the photo key is valid during the animal encounters

Not to hijack the thread but I was considering buying the photokey but I read somewhere that animal tours are not included in the photokey, I am going to SW for the first time this April with 5 yr old son and we are only doing shows and animal tours, I wanted to buy the photokey before the trip so I did not burn that much money while on the trip, I called sw and the customer service rep could not give me an answer if the animal photos are included.. does anyone have any insight as if the photo key is valid during the animal encounters

Yes they are, as long as they have a photographer (Animal Ambassadors, Penguin Encounter, and Penguin up-close do not). I use mine all the time for killer whales up close and dolphin encounter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts