Any recent experiences activating Canadian Tickets at hotel instead of guest services at the Parks or Disney Springs?

We’re staying at POP (Jan 2020) and our tickets seem to have been activated at check in. It was late when we checked in and I forgot to ask. The CM checking us in either only checked my ID or didn’t check ID at all (I was tired and don’t remember - but definitely didn’t ask for DH or kids’ ID). We brought our passports to the park the next day, but our bands scanned without problem, so we didn’t need to go to customer relations or show our ID there either.

We are booked in a package, fwiw.

I think it’s worth a lot!! It does seem like it is the package booking that bypasses the need to go to customer relations to activate tickets!

I am willing to bet it's a resort category thing and not a package thing. Because those with succes seemed to not be at values. Will confirm tomorrow!!

If you happen to come on here, did the hotel activation work?

According to the CM at check-in they had changed the process for anyone staying onsite so that verification was not required....and.....it worked! We did not need to verify at Guest relations- just tapped at our first park and we're off like normal! She did not mention whether it was package related or not but definitely said it was related to staying onsite.

According to the CM at check-in they had changed the process for anyone staying onsite so that verification was not required....and.....it worked! We did not need to verify at Guest relations- just tapped at our first park and we're off like normal! She did not mention whether it was package related or not but definitely said it was related to staying onsite.
I hope it’s for room only too. I never get a package, I always buy my tickets separately. It would be great to just have front desk handle it. I hate bringing passport to the parks too. One time my (adult) daughters purse went flying out of the vehicle on space mountain. On our last night.

That sounds great! I hope that works for us too. We're staying onsite and have a package so it should.. knowing us, we'll probably bring passports first day just in case!

Thanks for this thread. We had originally just booked the room (at Pop). Then when the discount came in, I called in to apply the discount and I also bought the Canadian tickets. The agent cancelled my original and then booked room + CAD tickets so I assume this is part of a package. But sounds like it might not be package related and just onsite related. For us, our first day is just a few hours at a park, so will bring our passports with us just in case but at least it's not for a full day. Question...does Nexus work too in case we need to go to Guest Services, or do they require passports?

Thanks for this thread. We had originally just booked the room (at Pop). Then when the discount came in, I called in to apply the discount and I also bought the Canadian tickets. The agent cancelled my original and then booked room + CAD tickets so I assume this is part of a package. But sounds like it might not be package related and just onsite related. For us, our first day is just a few hours at a park, so will bring our passports with us just in case but at least it's not for a full day. Question...does Nexus work too in case we need to go to Guest Services, or do they require passports?
I haven’t tried with Nexus myself but I have read that it can be used in lieu of a passport. I would have photocopies of passport and the Nexus cards with me just in case. We will be arriving much earlier than check in time. If our room is not ready, we will have to bring our passports and Nexus with us to the park anyways. I hope activating the tickets at hotel check-in still works when we visit, so I don’t need to stop be GS outside the park.

I think any gov photo ID would work. It says you have to be a Canadian resident. So my plan is to use my DL, and take a pic of my Passport on my phone, something you should do any way when traveling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter