Any scrapbookers here? Need advice on autograph books (more)

Disney Princess 6

<font color=purple>I'm Eeyore's human counterpart
I'd like to have the characters write their names on acid free, archival paper so that I can make my kids a scrapbook when we come home. I thought on each page I'd have a photo of the meeting, some journaling, and the character's autograph and name. But, I've got to come up with any easy way to keep the paper coordinated. Has anyone else already done this before?

You can buy paper that will fit in a 5x7 album, or cut paper to fit. To organize it you can have it bound, put it into a small album, or even hole punch it and put it into an index card binder. I know that Michaels carries the itty bitty scrap pads.

My kids and I made our autograph books last year and they turned out great. (Thanks to the person who originally posted this idea :D ) I used a 5x7 unlined spiral notebook, found colorful one's for $.99 at Odd Lots, and used stickers, scrapbook paper, and clip art to decorate a page for each of the characters. They turned out beautiful! The kids helped to put the stickers on and I made the paper and clip art into stickers using my xyron. The kids get a lot of extra attention from the characters and a few have even written in their books about how much they like their page. A few weeks ago Pocahontas spent 10 minutes with my kids looking at each of the pages.

I will have to do this. Thank you for such a wonderful idea.

Michelle

101 Days until our First WDW Trip!

Did you put the pages together for the characters before you went to WDW? I thought of doing that, but I am afraid we'll end up not seeing some of the characters that I'd make a page for. I guess I'll have to bring along journaling squares for the characters to sign on? Then I can post the squares into the scrapbooks once we get home.

Since we plan on using these for the next few trips, they have been used twice already, I made pages for a lot of characters. There are harder to find characters that I need to make pages for but I only did the characters I have seen alot. The characters are heartbroken when they realize you don't have a picture of them. LOL The only picture I had of Chip and Dale was together and I made the mistake of not leaving two pages. I almost caused a riot! They fought over who would get to write on the page. :)

Here's who I have so far:
Mickey
Minnie
Daisy
Donald
Goofy
Pluto
Chip and Dale
Pooh
Tigger
Piglet
Eeyore
Buzz
Woody
Green Army Men
Jessie (forgot her picture)
Ariel
Jane
Tarzan
Terk
Pocahantas
Cinderella
Belle
Aladin
Jasmine
Genie
Esmerelda
Hercules
Meg
Aurora
Fairy Godmother
Mulan
Alice
Peter Pan
Snow White
Pinochio
Malificent
Lilo*
Stitch*
Marry Poppins*
Suzy*
Perla*

* didn't have a picture

I need to add more villans, the country bears, Song of the south, and more minor characters. The kids are having fun trying to find the harder to find characters.

Another great tip for collecting autographs is to write your child's name in the front of the book. (I made stickers with their names for the front of these scrapbooks) Many characters will look at the inside cover and call your child by name. It's magical to see their faces light up when the characters know them. :D

While this project took some time it helped the kids as they waited for vacation. Since I had many of the supplies it only cost the price of the books, $.99 in my case.

Are your books 8x10 or 5x7? I would love to make 2 for our trip. Where did you get the pictures?

Michelle

The books are roughly 5x7, close to the same size as the park autograph books.

I had stickers left over from other projects, usually picked up on clearance. (The Dollar Tree also has some disney stickers as well.) I cut out some of the pictures from various scrapbook papers, mostly Pooh, that I had for our trip scrapbooks. The rest of the pictures I found on the internet at different clip art sites. That is what took the most time, finding and resizing the pictures. Many of the clip art images that I found didn't resize right or printed out funny.

Some of the sites I used
http://www.wtv-zone.com/KeLisa/gifs2/toon/disney/

http://www.tripletsandus.com/disney/

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Bungalow/8227/index.html

Some of the other pages I had bookmarked no longer work. :(

If you used them in your book, print them out on scrapbook paper so that they'll last through the years. I've used regular printer paper before and have lived to regret it.

I actually saw this on another board and stole the idea! :D

The person suggested getting a small photo album - either 4x6 or 5x7.
She found an unlined spiral notebook with blank perforated sheets. She had the characters sign in the notebook.

Then she took a photo of her child with the character. Either signing the book or in a pose.

When she got the pictures developed, she put the photos on one page of the album, and on the facing page was the autograph of the character.

I thought this was the greatest idea!
It is almost like a mini scrapbook!

My mom found a really cute photo album with Minnie and Mickey on the front at the Disney outlet store. The pages are 5x7 and have paper on each page with small mouse ears on the paper. It should be perfect!

We will be there in April - before you know it!

Here is what I did one year. I bought a spiral bound af/lf mini album that was about 5x7. I then bought a new Zig marker (wide tip) and strung it onto the spirals. I made sure that each character signed on its own sheet (not just page) The only character that used his own pen was Mickey and (wouldn't you know it) it was a sharpie marker :p Anyway, when I got home and got my pics developed I cut the signatures out of the page, trimmed them down and used those as the titles for each character page. (Matted and embellished - of course LOL!) I really like the look and for one year we have autographed pages! Looks really nice IMO. I'm going to try to get my dh to figure out how to "stitch" 12x12 pages and see if I can't get some of them scanned.

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter