Any shows on the Fantasy you don't mind missing?

isabellea

Combining beach and Disney!
It will be our first cruise on the Fantasy. We don't want to miss the major shows like Frozen, Aladin and Believe but what about the other evenings? Considering switching our dining time to late from main so we can attend the shows earlier and if we skip some, enjoy a quiet AquaDuck.

I haven't been on the Fantasy, but based on 7+ night cruises on the Magic, I am comfortable saying that you won't miss much by skipping the shows other than the main 3.

The evening show on the first night might provide a preview of the entertainers for the rest of the cruise, so you can see if any are appealing to you -- or you can just read the descriptions of their shows and decide what to skip.

Some entertainers also do an adult show after 2nd seating, so you could do the AquaDuck, dinner, and a show.

Just got off the Dream with Beauty and the Beast. Absolutely a must-see. Last May on the Wonder it was Frozen, another great production.
We'll be on the Fantasy in Sept and can't wait to see Aladin. For a first time cruiser, I would say see them all and decide on the next cruise what to skip. Otherwise, Aladin is probably a must.

We were on the fantasy recently. Other than the three you mention (Aladdin, Frozen, Believe), nothing else was all that great. The opening night show was so bad we left after about 15 minutes. We had a movie one other night and then comedy acts the other nights.

We've sailed the Fantasy a few times. No matter what ship we're on we don't miss any of the live shows. We very much appreciate the hard work and talent of the performers, have even known a few. We also always enjoy the entertainers, who may be showcased in the Walt Disney Theatre one or two nights. If we were to skip anything it might be a movie if they show one during the show slot.

Another great time for the Aquaduck is while the ship is in port. If you're not off the ship for excursions all day, you'll find the ship very uncrowded and the Aquaduck lineless.

We've sailed the Fantasy a few times. No matter what ship we're on we don't miss any of the live shows. We very much appreciate the hard work and talent of the performers, have even known a few. We also always enjoy the entertainers, who may be showcased in the Walt Disney Theatre one or two nights. If we were to skip anything it might be a movie if they show one during the show slot.

Another great time for the Aquaduck is while the ship is in port. If you're not off the ship for excursions all day, you'll find the ship very uncrowded and the Aquaduck lineless.

Right now our plans are to stay on the ship at Cozumel so we can enjoy the ship. We did that at Nassau when we were on the Wonder a few years ago.

It really depends on who you have onboard on your specific sailing. They swap out and change the schedule of the entertainment every cruise. We’ve had very bad acts and very entertaining ones. Since they are often the same over the years, we decide which ones we’ll see while we wait to board in the terminal.

We usually stay on board for one port or only go off for half days. Love the ship when it's nearly empty. And again, great time for things like miniature golf and the Aquaduck. We also always pick late seating and enjoy the early show.

We don't feel a need to see the musicals - feel they're geared towards the children and the costumes are ill-fitting. The shows we like are the specialty ones - like the magician.

Now that we know Wishes was the one replaced.....I thought Wishes was worse than Believe. Believe actually started "growing" on me...get it LOL.

If I was to skip a show it would be one of the variety acts or the movie if I saw it already.

MJ

We only went to the main shows, we LOVED Aladdin and Frozen and thought Believe was super cute. We didn’t regret skipping the other shows, one was a comedian and the other a magician and they both offered a later adult show (we didn’t attend those either).

Now that we know Wishes was the one replaced.....I thought Wishes was worse than Believe. Believe actually started "growing" on me...get it LOL.

If I was to skip a show it would be one of the variety acts or the movie if I saw it already.

MJ
While I, on the other hand, preferred Wishes over Believe (both being equally bad). Mostly due to the fact that Disney rarely acknowledges that there's any sort of Disney presence on the west coast and Wishes was about Disneyland.

We skip all the variety acts. They haven't been that great. We now skip Believe because we have seen it too much and it is boring now.

However I wouldn't skip Aladdin. I love it! I'm excited to see the new Frozen show!!

Based on some of the reviews here, I might tell DH who is not a big Disney show fan to skip Believe and I'll go alone with the girls. I'm now curious to see how 'bad' it is. ;) We loved the last Frozen and Aladin movies so we'll all go to those two for sure. As for the other acts, it's nice to read that we can probably skip them.

Just got off the Dream with Beauty and the Beast. Absolutely a must-see. Last May on the Wonder it was Frozen, another great production.
We'll be on the Fantasy in Sept and can't wait to see Aladin. For a first time cruiser, I would say see them all and decide on the next cruise what to skip. Otherwise, Aladin is probably a must.

Looks like you are going on the 3 day Labor Day weekend cruise with us?

The opening night show on Fantasy is nearly a complete waste. Yes, you get a taste of future acts on the boat, but that has definitely been a skip night for us, year after year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter