Any shows on the Fantasy you don't mind missing?

Based on some of the reviews here, I might tell DH who is not a big Disney show fan to skip Believe and I'll go alone with the girls. I'm now curious to see how 'bad' it is. ;) We loved the last Frozen and Aladin movies so we'll all go to those two for sure. As for the other acts, it's nice to read that we can probably skip them.
Here's the thing. If you love getting people singing the "greatest hits" from Disney movies, you'll like at least parts of Believe. The singing and sets are not the weak points of the show. The weakness is the story. It's as if it were an afterthought to try and turn a musical revue into a legit (jukebox) musical, an attempt to link several unconnected set pieces together.

And I know some people can overlook the story. But the show is basically asking me to look at it as a musical, not a revue, so I can't.

It will be our first cruise on the Fantasy. We don't want to miss the major shows like Frozen, Aladin and Believe but what about the other evenings? Considering switching our dining time to late from main so we can attend the shows earlier and if we skip some, enjoy a quiet AquaDuck.

Not your question, but the odds of being able to switch from late to main may not be in your favour. You can waitlist main dining, but it’s the preferred sitting so it generally fills up first.

As for the shows, I wouldn’t worry about missing any of them. Some of been good, some ok, some pretty horrible - missing one wouldn’t make or break our cruise.

Not your question, but the odds of being able to switch from late to main may not be in your favour. You can waitlist main dining, but it’s the preferred sitting so it generally fills up first.

As for the shows, I wouldn’t worry about missing any of them. Some of been good, some ok, some pretty horrible - missing one wouldn’t make or break our cruise.

Why switching to late dining might not be in my favour? I have main dining now but seriously considering switching to late. My understanding is that it shouldn't be an issue since many would prefer main to late.

At first DH really wanted main for the kids but I almost convinced him that it could be in our favour. The kids could eat a small meal at the buffet, pool deck or room service before the show, watch the show or do activities like Aquaduck and then go to the MDR where they will leave at the kid club when done. That way we will be able to enjoy our meal just the two of us without being rushed. The kids didn't have a chance to go to the kids club when we went on our first DCL cruise (it was only a 4-night cruise) but this time they asked to go so we will gladly let them since this cruise is also to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

The PP misread your post. Most people asking about switching seatings want main, not late. You should be able to do the switch yourself on the site.

Why switching to late dining might not be in my favour? I have main dining now but seriously considering switching to late. My understanding is that it shouldn't be an issue since many would prefer main to late.

At first DH really wanted main for the kids but I almost convinced him that it could be in our favour. The kids could eat a small meal at the buffet, pool deck or room service before the show, watch the show or do activities like Aquaduck and then go to the MDR where they will leave at the kid club when done. That way we will be able to enjoy our meal just the two of us without being rushed. The kids didn't have a chance to go to the kids club when we went on our first DCL cruise (it was only a 4-night cruise) but this time they asked to go so we will gladly let them since this cruise is also to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

Nevermind me - that was me reading your post backwards. (I even read is three times backwards!).

I would not switch to late dining for the shows unless your family operates on PST and doesn’t mind eating that late. It would be miserable with my kiddo. Even I don’t like eating that late. My kid usually goes to bed about the time late dining STARTS - and he can stay up later during vacation, but not that much later. He starts to crash. One night last cruise (last month) he started crashing during main dining and fell asleep at 7:30! He’s 8.

They usually fill in the other nights with some kind of variety act or magician. We tend to skip those. Our favorite is Aladdin and usually watch that every cruise. We are OK with skipping Wishes because we have seen it a couple of times already.

They usually fill in the other nights with some kind of variety act or magician. We tend to skip those. Our favorite is Aladdin and usually watch that every cruise. We are OK with skipping Wishes because we have seen it a couple of times already.

wishes ended in September on the fantasy. It was replaced with frozen.

While I, on the other hand, preferred Wishes over Believe (both being equally bad). Mostly due to the fact that Disney rarely acknowledges that there's any sort of Disney presence on the west coast and Wishes was about Disneyland.

Since I posted this I can't get that song out of my head.....What Makes the Garden Grow...…..:flower1:

MJ

Now that we know Wishes was the one replaced.....I thought Wishes was worse than Believe. Believe actually started "growing" on me...get it LOL.

If I was to skip a show it would be one of the variety acts or the movie if I saw it already.

MJ

wait they got rid of wishes? I actually really liked that one. Frozen is already on another ship so don’t need it on two. Oh well the kids will be happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!