Any solos ever book a DVC 1 BR?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
If so, how was it? Too much room or luxurious and relaxing? On my last DVC stay, I walked over to the Villas at the Grand Floridian and it was so beautiful, I knew I wanted to stay there. On my next solo stay, there was no availability for a studio, but there was for a (lake view) 1 bedroom. So I decided to treat myself. But since I'll be solo, I'm wondering if it'll just feel like too much room. Any singles ever book a 1 BR? If so, how was it?

I can't say I've ever done it, but I can say I certainly would! If you have the points, enjoy the space! Having a king bed, full kitchen, and wash/dry available, not to mention a beautiful, large balcony - all big pluses. Don't think of it as too much room. Think of it like you might never be able to stay in a studio again!!

Go for it and enjoy! We've done the GF 1BR, and they're beautiful.

Many years ago we sent our son to Space Camp. We bought OKW in 1996 and had plenty of points. I drove him over to the coast and hung out by myself in a 1BR at OKW for the rest of the week. I picked up our son and we spent a couple days at MK and EPCOT and flew home. It was heavenly and I would highly encourage it!

Hi, Simba's Mom & MICKIMINI.

I was lucky to stay solo in a two-bedroom at Old Key West. I invited a family to stay with me. They insisted on staying in the two queen bed studio side.

The one-bedroom was larger and roomier than any other DVC one-bedroom.

I loved the huge living room, full kitchen, and king size bedroom.

So if you have the opportunity and the DVC points, I would 100% go for the one-bedroom.

I didn't like staying in the Old Key West studio because it had no room for a sofa. It just had the hard dining chairs. But that is just me.

If so, how was it? Too much room or luxurious and relaxing? On my last DVC stay, I walked over to the Villas at the Grand Floridian and it was so beautiful, I knew I wanted to stay there. On my next solo stay, there was no availability for a studio, but there was for a (lake view) 1 bedroom. So I decided to treat myself. But since I'll be solo, I'm wondering if it'll just feel like too much room. Any singles ever book a 1 BR? If so, how was it?

Many years ago we sent our son to Space Camp. We bought OKW in 1996 and had plenty of points. I drove him over to the coast and hung out by myself in a 1BR at OKW for the rest of the week. I picked up our son and we spent a couple days at MK and EPCOT and flew home. It was heavenly and I would highly encourage it!

The last time I did Marathon weekend (2019) I splurged on a Beach Club 1 bedroom despite being solo. I had always wanted to try the resort and SAB, and that was all that was available.

It didn't feel like it was too much space and it was really nice to have a separate area to watch movies and to have my own washer and dryer. If you do feel uncomfortable with the idea of the number of points used/room size you could submit a waitlist for a studio.

Is the one bedroom necessary? No. But is it fun to try out new resorts? You betcha! Go for it and enjoy!:thumbsup2

I've stayed in 1 bedrooms a few times when I've had points I needed to use or lose or if a Studio was unavailable for a trip that I planned last minute. I've stayed in them at OKW, AK-Kidani, SSR & GF. It's nice having the huge king size bed & separate bedroom. I also take advantage of the huge Jacuzzi tub to relax although I no longer turn on the jets in the Jacuzzi because it kind of grosses me out. It's also nice to have the in room washer & dryer. The time I stayed at GF it was for a few days prior to embarking on a Trans-atlantic cruise so having the washer & dryer in the room came in handy to be able to start the cruise with all clean clothes. I do still mostly book Studios to maximize my points but I do enjoy the occasional splurge of a one bedroom.

Yes, I stayed solo in a one bedroom ground floor lake view Villa at the Grand Floridian for two nights. It was very last minute because double snow storms were predicted and I had to leave home two days early to get ahead of the weather.
The villas were brand new and so beautiful! It was great to add two more days to my Disney vacation. I usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside and Saratoga Springs so it was a very nice spur of the moment treat.

As a DVC owner and solo trailer I have stayed in a one bedroom and it was nice but in my opinion it was too much room for a single person who spent most of their time in the parks. Nevertheless if you have the extra points I say do it but personally I would save/bank my points for another trip or maybe even a DVC Member Cruise.

I'm so happy to see this question posted. My next trip will be solo and I am strongly considering a one bedroom villa instead of a studio or a regular hotel room. Out of 17 trips to WDW with family, we stayed in a one bedroom villa three times and I remember how much more relaxing it felt at the end of the day to go back to a place that felt more like a home. By the time I get back to WDW, it will have been at least 3 years since my last visit, which is a year more than I intended. I'm thinking with the extra year to save, I can afford the decadence of a one bedroom villa:).

I'm so happy to see this question posted. My next trip will be solo and I am strongly considering a one bedroom villa instead of a studio or a regular hotel room.

I will agree with @BoardwalkLover64! Many years ago DW and I splurged on a 1BR BWV once and loved it. We are Disney snowbirds now so haven't stayed onsite in years. But if I ever found myself doing a solo onsite I would definitely splurge on a 1BR at the Boardwalk again.

I have splurged a couple of times and enjoyed the larger tub and washer/dryer. I might book again at some point but feel it's not worth the points to do often. If someone goes with me, I will consider a 1BR As time goes on and I don't spend as much time in the parks, it could be a possibility then as well.

I do it when the price is right. It's nice to have the spa tub to massage those sore muscles after a long day at the parks.

I once got to stay at OKW ina one bedroom on points (a friend who wasn't using yhem)...so much room!! It was great. And this December, I was moved from BWI garden view to a BWV 1 bedroom....price protected, so didnt really splurge for the extra...cant wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts