Any Southwest Specials on the Horizon?

Chance's Mom

WL Vet
Really getting anxious about booking for the summer. SWA is just too pricey right now, anyone heard anything about the "Friends Fly Free" or other promos that might be coming out soon?

Thanks!

Rarely does SWA leak anything. They, as you probably know, announce specials on Tues. Just keep looking.

I suddenly have two trips to WDW coming up with a few days of each other. I have tickets for the first trip at a reasonable price but none for the recently added trip with two of my husband's grandchildren. I am hoping against hope to find SWA tickets as cheaply as I have in the past and am checking like crazy each Tuesday. I actually have the weekly SWA e-mail sent to three different addresses so I won't miss it!

The SW fares did go down some today----I'm gambling on a better fare later.

Ahhh.....the hunt is as much fun as snagging the elusive airfare bargain!

Originally posted by crazyforgoofy
I actually have the weekly SWA e-mail sent to three different addresses so I won't miss it!

How do I sign up to get this weekly e-mail. I don't need flights until November, but want to stay "on top of things". :)

We just booked BWI to MCO roundtrip on SWA after waiting and waiting for rates to go down on any airline. We had pretty much resigned ourselves to paying a higher price since we leave May 1st. We were afraid we missed all the good rates when we didn't book at the 4 month out date.

We got three tix for round trip, non-stop at exactly the times we wanted for $562. We are very happy with this price.

Now, can anyone explain how the seating works on SWA? I know it is different than most airlines but know the details.

Seating on SWA is first come first served. There are no assigned seats and you are not guaranteed to sit with your party. Arrive early, you will be given a numbered boarding pass in the order of arrival. Your entire party must be together including children to be given boarding passes. Then the boarding groups are separated into groups of 30 people and boarded in order. For example it does not matter whether you are number 31 or 59, you are in the second boarding group. Larger planes may have larger boarding groups so the numbers may not correspond but the principle is the same. Special boarding priveledges are available to families with children under 5 years old. If you are boarding a continuing flight, many seats may be taken already and it can be hard to find seats together. I once had to place my toddler in a seat between strangers before one gentleman decided he would rather sit in a center seat than feed my tearful two year old.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter