Any special experiences for 2yo boy?

corgi_monster

DIS Veteran
My son will be 2.5yo when we visits WDW and I'd love to treat him to a special experience. His 4yo sister will have a BBB makeover and get to go on rides that he'll likely be too short to experience. I want him to have at least one it's-all-about-me moment.

He doesn't meet the minimum age requirement for the BBB knight makeover or pirate's cruise. Is there something else a little guy might like?

Honestly, for a 2yo ANYTHING is a special experience at WDW. Just MAKE it special, no need to Disney's special experiences for someone that young.

Some things I have done with my kids when they were 2 there and found memorable:

Carousel!

Dumbo (and let them play in that playground for as long as they want)

Have them pick out one special toy at the gift shop (My son was into Jake and got a Tick-Tock croc toy that is still played with (by his younger sister) to this day.

What really was good for the kids was character meals --- they were afraid to stand near the characters, but felt more comfortable sitting and letting characters come to them at a character meal. My sons first character meal was Tusker House and he really enjoyed marching around the room with Donald.

My daughter (as 2yo) helped build a droid in Galaxys Edge picking all the parts.

No matter what ... they will have a memorable experience! Enjoy!

My son will be 2.5yo when we visits WDW and I'd love to treat him to a special experience. His 4yo sister will have a BBB makeover and get to go on rides that he'll likely be too short to experience. I want him to have at least one it's-all-about-me moment.

He doesn't meet the minimum age requirement for the BBB knight makeover or pirate's cruise. Is there something else a little guy might like?

How about a haircut at Harmony Barber Shop in MK? You could turn that into your own knight makeover if you get him a shield and sword in the Emporium next door. You could do the Pirates and Pals cruise out of CR as a family. Perhaps a character meal? They also do silhouettes on Main St. if he would sit for one. Or how about face painting? You can have that done in any of the parks. Or some carnival games in AK?

@DisneyWishes14 I love the idea of the barber shop and face painting. Thank you so much! DD is really into dressing up and playing princess, and DS loves to do his hair and get dressed up right along side her. He's going to feel quite dapper :)

To make things a little more fun for our 2.5 year old on our trip last month, we let him decide what he wanted to do one of the afternoons at Magic Kingdom. It meant several rides on the carousel, standing in line to meet Stitch and riding the PeopleMover a few times but he was SO happy to get to be in charge for a while. He was too short to do a lot of the rides that his 3 and 5 year old siblings loved, so he totally appreciated just being able to pick the rides!

We also did the silhouette of him from the cart on Main Street (There was another cart across one of the bridges from the castle too) and it came out awesome (they're SO quick so no trouble sitting still).

@DisneyWishes14 I love the idea of the barber shop and face painting. Thank you so much! DD is really into dressing up and playing princess, and DS loves to do his hair and get dressed up right along side her. He's going to feel quite dapper :)

That's great! They do such a nice job at the Harmony Barber Shop - I think they will make him feel very special to the point that it will be like his own BBB-like experience.

There are awesome ideas in here! Thanks for sharing everyone. We have been trying to decide if we were going to take my 2 year old in December for a family Christmas vacation.

I think for this age just plan to be very leisurely. My daughter's favorite thing at Disney was watching the ducks and I never would've planned that. She also still remembers (or says she does) being 3 and running back and forth on a small rope bridge at DAK. We didn't overplan so she was able to just do that for as long as she wanted. Also while older siblings ride rides, little ones get extra one on one time. Most of our photos from her first two trips are of her and a parent or grandparent waiting for everyone else to ride something. She got plenty of special time.

When my little guy was 3, we did the haircut at the barbershop - very cool. We also did a pre-park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace with the Winnie the Pooh characters. When Tigger came by, I asked if Tigger could teach him how to bounce. It's still my favorite video from all of our trips.

I think you should do something for YOUR memories. We went when our youngest was 2 and she doesn't remember a thing. But I sure do. :lovestruc

For my 2 YO when we went, we let him pick a Alien Saucer toy for the ride we rode and he still talks about the "alien roller coaster".

But it ALL is an experience at that age...I took him to ride Triceratop Spin ride at his request just he and I and when we got off, there was a dance party and he danced with Pluto! He felt so cool telling his siblings about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter