Any success with wait lists at the last minute?

tb1972

DVC since 2012
We have six nights at the Boardwalk in Nov. that trip has been set for a long while. However, I decided to wait list an extra night yesterday at the 38 day mark. I know it's wishful thinking. Has anyone had success with spur of the moment waitlists?

It's possible, people cancel before their points go into holding. Keep in mind also that at 60 days out, DVC can give rooms to Disney for cash reservations.

:earsboy: Bill

Actually I had a CM tell me that waitlists often come through very close to the 30 day mark. That's because-say you have a vacation reserved at 7 months out. But you find out at 5 months out that you need to cancel it. Lots of people just don't "get around" to that canceling thing until close to the 30 days when the dreaded "holding" window looms. That's why once we had a waitlist come through at 31 days!

We have six nights at the Boardwalk in Nov. that trip has been set for a long while. However, I decided to wait list an extra night yesterday at the 38 day mark. I know it's wishful thinking. Has anyone had success with spur of the moment waitlists?

Yes! We lucked out just yesterday, getting our waitlist at BCV studio, for 10/29.. I had BWV for that night, the rest of our time was at BCV. I didn't think it was going to come through. So glad we don't have to move! Miracles can happen!

One problem you will have is that many others may have waitlisted that one night before you did since it's such a busy time. For our recent stay our waitlist came through about two weeks out. For a stay last spring break I had three one day waitlist come through in a matter of days for a trip that was only 3 weeks away when I put in the waitlists.

We had an OKW night (Tues 10-10) waitlisted since July. It never came through.
While stalking the RAT, a 2 BR OKW near the Hospitality House popped up. I booked it so at least we wouldn't have to change resorts.

Upon check in, I asked to keep the same room. About 5 seconds and 2 computer clicks later we had our assigned room extended a night, and it wasn't near the HH.

I went ahead and snagged the night at OKW - it was either there or AK. I was just glad to see anything the week prior to Thanksgiving. Hoping the BW night comes through so we don't have to move resorts but at least we have something.

I've never stayed anywhere just one night and suspect it's not worth it to unpack everything and then re pack the very next day!

I have had 1 night at BWV 2br on Nov. 16 waitlisted since May. Its going to drop off in two days without coming through :(. I needed that night due to a change in flight. Shortly after I made that waitlist I was able to stalk and pick up 2 studios for that night but still, would have been nice to have a continuous stay in the 2br.

I went ahead and snagged the night at OKW - it was either there or AK. I was just glad to see anything the week prior to Thanksgiving. Hoping the BW night comes through so we don't have to move resorts but at least we have something.

I've never stayed anywhere just one night and suspect it's not worth it to unpack everything and then re pack the very next day!

Pack a small bag for that night or at least what you'll need at the top of your suitcase.

Good news. I was able to replace the night at OKW with a garden/pool view night at BWV. The rest of our BWV stay is in a standard and we'll have to switch rooms, but at least we're at the same resort now and the commute won't be terrible. I still kept the standard wait list in hopes it comes through but the clock is ticking at 32 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter