Any suggestions for a the best (standard) view at the Yacht Club?

bcoffman

Earning My Ears
I just booked the Yacht Club at the AP rate of $169 per night for a Standard View room (January 1, 2003 - January 5, 2003).

I am looking for any suggestions about getting the best view possible.

1) Do I call in advance and try to smooth someone over?
2) Can you request certain rooms, if so, any suggestions?
3) Any other info would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Brett C

Most of the standard rooms are decent views, but you can get a better idea of the room layout from Joe Cool's thread within the resort board. It should be towards the top; YC/BC Information. If I can find the link to the site with the layouts, I'll let you know.

The standard rooms overlooking the quiet pool area or the Dolphin are good, but they are a bit farther from the main lobby. A really nice set of standard rooms that overlook the wedding gazebo are 4148, 4150,4152, 4154, 3148, 3150, 3152, 3154. But since there are only a few of these, they may be hard to get. There is also the area of standard rooms looking over the entrance and parking lots. The ones all the way to the end we don't care for the view 4210 - 4226, 3210 -3226, 2210- 2226. You are looking out at more of the roof. But the ones closer to the main elevator are good.

We always book a standard room at the YC, and most times we have been upgraded to waterview, once even to concierge! If you have any other questions, let me know. Enjoy your trip! :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cindala,

We're booked at the YC for our November trip in a standard view room. Do you think it's better to fax room requests before leaving, or just take our chances upon check-in. We're spending our first night at ASMu, so we'll be checking in early at the YC.

Thanks in advance-

I had a standard view room, overlooking the wedding gazebo. I believe it was 2152. I know it was second floor. It was gorgeous, and I got to watch 2 weddings during our trip. It was also very close to the lobby/staircase, which made it easy to get to the parks and the pool.

Erika

cindala,

Thanks for the info.

When is the best time/date to fax over a room request? (We are arriving January 1, 2003)

Where do you fax it to? Or, can you call?

Do you request a block of rooms? Or, first choice, second choice, so on...

Thanks in advance,

Brett

Another good site with info about the YC and room floor plans is
http://www.disneyzone.net/ycresort.htm

elgerber,
Your room is below the ones I listed as standard view of the gazebo. I wasn't sure if those rooms existed on the 2nd or 1st floor because of the meeting rooms. It sounds like a great room location!

Mom of 5,
We have never faxed our room requests any of the many times we've stayed at the YC. We just request what we want on our reservation and double check it a few times before we leave. When we arrive, I have a copy of the floor plans with me so I ask to see where they are putting me before I checkin. If I don't like it, I request another room. FYI, 3rd floor is non smoking.

bcoffman,
I sent you a PM. Also, I don't think they take requests for specific room numbers, and they will remind you that these are requests, and they are not guaranteed. However, we've never been disappointed.:):D:)

Thank you, cindala :D !

We have requested a non-smoking room on a higher floor with a garden view (as opposed to a parking lot view). We'll just keep our fingers crossed and hope our requests are met.

Mom of 5,
Good luck, and I hope you love the YC as much as we do. :):D:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter