• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any suggestions for Clearwater Beach area?

babslittleones

Mouseketeer
We are heading to Orlando on August 23 to September 1. We are planning on spending the first two nights in the Clearwater Beach area in St. Petersburg so we can visit with my grandmother. I need some help trying to find a good clean hotel on the beach. Are there any suggestions out there for us? Thanks a bunch.

We always stay at the Quality Inn on Gulfview Blvd. It has been completely renovated and the rooms are clean and roomy. There is a coffeemaker and fridge in the room. Also, all the rooms have a view of the gulf, some waterfront and the others are all side balconies, but you still have a good view. There is also a Tiki Bar and food court downstairs on the deck and the hotel is attached to an IHOP 24 hr restaurant, which was really good.

You might want to try the Ramada on Gulf Blvd. S. We've stayed there and are going back in August for a couple of days before heading over to Disney. Its very clean and all rooms have balconies that over look the gulf. It is not directly on the beach but the beach is within walking distance. Its a beautiful area! They have a pool, kiddie pool, tiki bar and a game room and small gift shop. :)

This hotel is directly on the beach. We have stayed here 2 X (1996 and 1999). It was a Doubletree in '96 but was remodeled & taken over by Hilton. Nice, clean hotel, private beach, pool, restaurant/lounge. Also recommend Leverock's Seafood House.
Hotel is on Mandalay Avenue (beachfront).:bounce:

Can't give you any advise on hotels, we stayed in a friend's condo, but wanted to add my 2 cents. You will love the area, it is wonderful!! As someone mentioned Leverock's is good. I wish I had some of their shrimp right now!! PJ'S is also good, in Indian Rocks. The restaurant is nothng to look at, but food is good. Also if you want quiet Indian Rocks Beach is nice, but be aware there are NO lifeguards.

Have a Great Time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter